• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

No, the charges are for, um, models...

Funny thing happened last night/this morning... (perhaps it's just me that got the chuckle out of it)

I'd been holding out until yesterday's Wheels and Tracks show in Melbourne (not relevant but boy was it a yawn) to see if the dealers present had a few items I'd been looking for. Not really all that surprisingly I left empty handed. So last night after The Wife went to bed I set about placing the orders to a reseller of "excellent scale model kits from x-USSR manufacturers" (I think they're US based, but can't be certain), a Russian miniatures company, and an Italian model company. Now when I placed the order I couldn't help but think that the bank may find these transaction descriptions a bit weird. Needless to day the bank froze the card on the 2nd transaction: the Russian model company.

Nothing a quick call to the credit card fraud division couldn't solve, and I really am grateful they detected the strange looking transactions. But here's the fun bit: explaining to the lady on the other end what it was for: Umm, no Teressa, the transactions are legit. Yes I know it looks funny since they're all about the same amount. What was it? Well, umm, former Soviet, Russian and Italian models... :blink :blush: *awkward silence* I mean miniatures... :hmmm

Anyone else have similar awkward encounters trying explain the purchase of "foreign models" to their bank? :D

Rudi

Yeah, we have to phrase it just right when talking about it.."You know, that last model of yours shaped up very well" being overheard could cause some strange looks.

On the bus, saying I do quite a bit of modeling has caused the occasional spit up coffee!

Regards,

There are some places that I frequent in London that would put me in the way of physical harm to talk about such a hobby :pinch:

Back