• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"No, Not Rain!" 2-47 Infantry, Vietnam 1967

JamesOLeary

Master at Arms
This figure is a conversion of a Hobby Fan figure with a Warriors head. It depicts a Soldier from 2d Battalion, 47th Infantry (Mech) of the 9th Infantry Division getting ready to go on a dismounted patrol in November of 1967. He's feeling rain drops coming down meaning that the patrol will end up being wet and miserable.
He is wearing jungle fatigues and boots, standard M1956 Load Bearing Equipment, and a Claymore mine bag of spare magazines. His helmet cover is the Mitchell Leaf Pattern which I copied from a helmet I have. He has a spare field dressing in the helmet band. He is wearing a 9th Infantry Division unit patch on his left arm.

47in_4_4_20100927_1667496100.jpg

47in_1_1_20100927_1991930291.jpg

47in_2_2_20100927_1785955339.jpg

47in_3_3_20100927_2024124917.jpg

I love all these imaginative scenarios for figures. Wonderful and thanks for sharing.

Regards,

That's a great conversion. There is no question about the story it shows. Well done.
Nice weathering on the pants.

Sharkmouth, Moon Puppy, James, and Slodder,

Thanks for the comments. Even though I do alot of single figure displays, I try to have each tell some sort of story. Much of what I model, I have experienced myself either when I was in the Marine Corps or when in the Army, just not in Vietnam. My Dad served two tours with the 9th Infantry Division, so that is why many of my subjects have to do with the 9th Infantry Division.
I'm sure anyone who has been in the field, whether during wartime or peacetime, and it starts raining, they get the same feeling that things are going to suck.
Again thanks for the comments.
Have a great day.
James

Back