• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nightfighters Sign up

I actually was considering the PV-1 myself but I couldn't start before the end of the year. I'll wait and see what Terry chooses. While the PV-1 may seem a bit of a stretch for a night fighter, the Marines actually fared better with it than the Army did with the P-70. The P-70 ended the war with only two confirmed night fighter kills while the Marines were credited with 12 in the PV-1. Part of that was due to opportunity and partly due to the fact that the P-70 wasn't equipped with superchargers and by the time they reached altitude their prey was long gone.

I actually was considering the PV-1 myself but I couldn't start before the end of the year. I'll wait and see what Terry chooses. While the PV-1 may seem a bit of a stretch for a night fighter, the Marines actually fared better with it than the Army did with the P-70. The P-70 ended the war with only two confirmed night fighter kills while the Marines were credited with 12 in the PV-1. Part of that was due to opportunity and partly due to the fact that the P-70 wasn't equipped with superchargers and by the time they reached altitude their prey was long gone.

You go ahead and do the PV-1! If I have to do everything I listed I will be watching you do yours before I even get to mine. I think I should of just give you guys two choices.

:rotf

OK, well in that case sign me up for a PV-1 night fighter. As I stated I will not be starting it till year end or so and will wait till then to start a blog.

I'm not sure anyone will take this serious seeing that it is Friday the 13th 2013 :D

we ought to throw a name in the hat and see which one is the first pulled out and that should be the name of the gb.

Hi all!.

...me with a Me 110 F Nightfighter from Eduard 1/48th Scale... :pilot :snoopy

See you there :drinks

Luiz.

Due to the long duration of campaign i will try to join with one from the list:

DH Mosquito NF Mk.II form 23 RAF Sqn (Malta 1942-43) - Tamiya 1/48
Bf-110C from NJG.1 (Sicily 1942) - Fujimi 1/48
F7F-3N from VMF(N)-513 (Korea 1951-53) - Italeri 1/48

Back