• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nightfighters Sign up

I needed a reason to build this kit so I am in with the Revell He 219-A6 in glorious 32 scale.... :D

I'm in this build, but I have a choice to make. I'm gonna let you guys make it for me.

Here's what is in the stash.

he6b69f4.jpg

h187650d.jpg

hf8ce8f0.jpg

h54263c8.jpg

h7c02aae.jpg

hac0e02d.jpg

h438e129.jpg

h1558512.jpg

You pick it and I'll build it

Not sure the Helldiver would qualify Terry. Not sure about the Ventura either as it was more a Patrol a/c. Any other would be great.
James

Not sure the Helldiver would qualify Terry. Not sure about the Ventura either as it was more a Patrol a/c. Any other would be great.
James

The PV-1 began to be delivered in December 1942, and entered service in February 1943. The first squadron in combat was VP-135, deployed in the Aleutian Islands in April 1943. They were operated by three other squadrons in this theatre. From the Aleutians, they flew strikes against bases in Paramushiro and Shimushu, Japanese islands in the Kurile chain. Often, PV-1s would lead B-24 bomber formations, since they were equipped with radar. In late 1943, some PV-1s were deployed to the Solomon Islands as night fighters with VMF(N)-531, a Marine Corps fighter squadron.

Brewster 2B2A Buccaneer Dive Bomber was used as early Navy radar equipped aircraft for nightfighter training.
see Squadron publications "Night Wings"

:D

James

The PV-1 began to be delivered in December 1942, and entered service in February 1943. The first squadron in combat was VP-135, deployed in the Aleutian Islands in April 1943. They were operated by three other squadrons in this theatre. From the Aleutians, they flew strikes against bases in Paramushiro and Shimushu, Japanese islands in the Kurile chain. Often, PV-1s would lead B-24 bomber formations, since they were equipped with radar. In late 1943, some PV-1s were deployed to the Solomon Islands as night fighters with VMF(N)-531, a Marine Corps fighter squadron.

Brewster 2B2A Buccaneer Dive Bomber was used as early Navy radar equipped aircraft for nightfighter training.
see Squadron publications "Night Wings"

:D

Would be a conversation piece then.
James

Back