• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New tool A6M2 Zero from Eduard

Big10

Eduard will be releasing a new Zero for December. Kinda looking forward to it.

245565894_5020564147958492_350171718092880151_n.jpg
242815897_5020564121291828_8330005478544592361_n.jpg
242815897_5020564121291828_8330005478544592361_n.jpg
245815381_5020564107958496_5825598245713070678_n.jpg

I wonder how they will compare to the sublime Tamiya kit? I can see a few improvements in the finish (subtle tin-canning in areas where the skin is thin) and perhaps more finesse in the parts.

IMG_0540.jpg

Regards,

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with my Hasegawa and Tamiya 1/48 Zero kits, have them all covered with at least one each from the A6M1 to the A6M8 except for the A6M4 and A6M6 which I've never seen kitted and were either one off or very low numbers built. The A6M4 had a turbocharger and was based on the A6M2, the A6M6 also had a turbocharger and may have been based on the A6M5. Either might be a neat conversion....

Well, I can't resist if they release a new Rufe too!

:vgood:
You are in luck, the will be doing a new Rufe and with a trolley.
Rufe.jpg
RufeTrolly.jpg

These are the types they plan on doing. I am pretty excited about these up coming Japanese aircraft and look forwarded to their release.

A6M2 Zero Type 11
A6M2 Zero Type 21
A6M3 Zero Type 22
A6M3 Zero Type 22a
A6M3 Zero Type 32
A6M5 Zero Type 52
A6M5 Zero Type 52a
A6M5 Zero Type 52b
A6M5 Zero Type 52c (resp A6M5c Zero Type 52c)
A6M7 Zero Type 63
A6M2-N Rufe
A6M2-K

This will be a first for Eduard as I don't think they have done any Japanese aircraft before. I figured they would have most if not all the variants, as that is how they work. The CAD drawings are looking quite good!

Do you think they are in cahoots with Tamiya? So many of these models already exist in 1/48.

Do you think they are in cahoots with Tamiya?
No, they are competitors looking at different sections of the same market. Tamiya is for ease of build while Eduard is all out detail. Tamira's Bf 109G-6 sold well even after coming behind Eduard's corrected kit simply because it is a much easier build.

Regards,

Tamiya has a lot of fanboys too. People will by their stuff regardless of quality or price. Not saying it's not without merit, as they do have a lot of very nice kits (and I've got a fair few myself), but I do laugh at people that talk like they are the be all and end all of kits...that nobody can do better so they shouldn't even try. :lol:

I just went an looked at my Tamiya Rufe...and yeah, the detail in that particular kit is a far cry from even the old Accurate Miniatures Mustang. It's probably really old tooling though, raised panel lines and all.

I'll probably keep an eye on these...though I don't know if I'll jump yet...only on the fact WWII stuff isn't usually my jam. But if they end up producing "Weekender Edition" kits (which is probably likely) I might be suckered in as they are usually at a pretty attractive price point for what you get.

Tamiya has a lot of fanboys too. People will by their stuff regardless of quality or price...

I just went an looked at my Tamiya Rufe...and yeah, the detail in that particular kit is a far cry from even the old Accurate Miniatures Mustang. It's probably really old tooling though, raised panel lines and all.
Like all brands, they have old kits which are inaccurate but are simple builds. This is why I mentioned the Tamiya for the build as they are consistent with that.
...But if they end up producing "Weekender Edition" kits (which is probably likely) I might be suckered in as they are usually at a pretty attractive price point for what you get.
The Weekend Edition kits are the best value, behind their OverTrees, as it allows you to add as much detail (and not limited to Eduard's) to the kits but many of Eduard's kits are more difficult to build.

To each their own. I prefer detail over ease of build and get whichever is best.

Regards,

I really shouldn't voice an opinion on such a thing. It is not often I put together anyone else's model kit. As Eduard comes to greater prominence in the market place, I would like to see I really good F7F Tigercat and the B-32 Dominator in 1/72 scale.
It could be unwise to start this group up on wish-lists. :lol::yipee::lol:

Eduard issued a 1/48 Nakajima Ki-115 Tsurugi back in 2004. It was available in regular and Profipack boxings.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-8088-nakajima-ki-115-tsurugi--123505

First off, welcome to the site! I approved your registration. Please, head on over to the introduction forum and let us know a little about yourself. I already know some will ask to see builds but I won't. ;) Make yourself at home, update your profile picture and I am sure you'll fit in the alliance!

As for the Ki-115, I do recall them in the Squadron catalog a long time ago.

Regards,

Tamiya has a lot of fanboys too. People will by their stuff regardless of quality or price. Not saying it's not without merit, as they do have a lot of very nice kits (and I've got a fair few myself), but I do laugh at people that talk like they are the be all and end all of kits...that nobody can do better so they shouldn't even try. :lol:

The Tamiya Rufe is definitely from their Wayback Machine, I'm pretty sure it's even 1/50 scale. I'll have to put it next to the Hasegawa kit to see. Scalemates says it was first issued in 1973.

Back