• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New sculpt in 1:35.

BradJ

Hi all. Been ages since traipsing the forums, but have started to tinker with sculpts again.
I am trying to develop a set of US tankers/doughs in the ETO. I am notorious for incompletions, so have impressed myself with the progress I made on this one in (relatively) little time. Please bear in mind it is still quite rough!
It is made from Apoxie Sculpt which has been tinted grey. You can see the clean up that is still required, in addition to the hands and pant legs obviously... Oh and a .45 ;)

image_28129.jpeg

image_28329.jpeg

image_28429.jpeg

Cheers
Brad

That's looking great! nice to see you back posting :)
I have been thinking long time to try and sculpt something but so far i haven't dared to start something :unsure:

:popcorn

//Mats

Who???

Hey Brad, nice to see ya again

Amazing work so far. How do you keep in scale when you're working totally scratch like this?

Thanks lads!

Amazing work so far. How do you keep in scale when you're working totally scratch like this?

Hey Mooners. I have a small 1:35 proportions card that I work off; basically front and side profile of a figure measured out to 52mm tall. It is supposedly a 65kg male at 175cm in height.
Once an armature is developed (using a resin torso and pelvis with head and boots on) and is measured out accordingly, it is only a matter of not making the sections too bulky...

I have been thinking long time to try and sculpt something but so far i haven't dared to start something :unsure:
Hey Mats, I think you should have a try! If you need any assistance I would be more than happy to help :)

I'm glad you're back Brad and an excellent start to that bloke (y)

I have a few words of encouragement

Complete the bloody thing :ro:

Hey Brad perhapes you could do a figure sculpt SBS ?

You make it look and sound so easy :D

Haha thanks Sherm but it ain't necessarily so... ;)

Hey Brad perhaps you could do a figure sculpt SBS ?

Sure thing Andy. I am looking to purchase a new DSLR quite soon, so I will hold off until then. I'm not sure iPhone photos will suffice!

Back