• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New project

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
This last Sunday took the "boy" out to the family automotive resting home. I gave him some choices for building a car. So what did he pick you ask?

A 1939 Ford Tractor Truck!

002.jpg
It is a little rough. Don't look to close it could bite you.
Story behind this truck is I picked it up for a future crew cab car hauler project. Hey the doors are not in bad shape.

No worries we are going to turn it into a Kool P-car (Pick Up) 50's style with a flat head, chop top.....

Now I've got to get my dain bramage checked.............

Oh yeah he pick'em. I tried to get into a Model T Roadster with no fenders or hood just something to kick around in but he took a shine to the truck. I'm looking forward to helping him with it. That is how my Dad did with me. Come to think of it my Dad also caused this modeling thing with me. Thank God for them!!!!!!!!!! (y)

Awesome project! Those barrel nose Ford's look sweet! You guys are gonna have a ball. As for the dain bamage.. I'd be more worried about tetanus lol.

Keep us posted on the progress mate.

Awesome project! Those barrel nose Ford's look sweet! You guys are gonna have a ball. As for the dain bamage.. I'd be more worried about tetanus lol.

Keep us posted on the progress mate.

Thanks Rob! I will!

I'm up to date with my shots thanks to a Pitbull two months ago, so no worries there.

I built my 1940PU back in 93. I had to sell it to pay doctor bills but I see her out on the road every now and then.
Picture015-1.jpg

Tony Lee:)

Hang on ,...do you mean youre doing it for real and not a model ?

If so hats off to you mate a huge project,..I love seeing those restored and pimped up rides :)

I built my 1940PU back in 93. I had to sell it to pay doctor bills but I see her out on the road every now and then.
Picture015-1.jpg

NOW that's HOT !:evil: Great Ride !!! I had a Frined that had an Old Chevy PU & he put a 427 Super Cobra in it with a Corvette Rear ! Man that thing Smoked !!

ERIK

Picture015-1.jpg

That is a shame that you had to give up your truck to pay your doctors. There is nothing worse than having to give up toys for these things.. but you can never put a price on your health. Do you have plans to build another 'rod/custom?

I had a 1925 Studebaker Victoria I found in Kansas Rob. I had started the sheet metal work on it but a second heart attack ended my street rodding days for good. The doctor suggested I take up basket weaving but building models proved to be more satisfying.:laugh:

Dang, that's a real classic. I have to agree though, you're health as to come first, and basket weaving just doesn't cut it as a hobby.. well for you and me both anyway lol.

Back