• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New modeling podcast!

Jeeves

Hey all...

A couple names you might recognize...one being one of our own...have put together a new podcast. They're only three in, but they've been pretty good so far. I know some of you are not Facebookers so here is the web link-.

Jeff Herne, Mike Sacklyn, and Rob Riviezzo...Rob recently joined here at MA but I don't remember what his user name is...

Last edited:
Jeff Herne makes a line of cool acrylic paints for naval subjects. He's a good dude!

He also used to work at FSM and was the editor of the short-lived Model X magazine.

Shots fired at MiniArt. :lol:

PS: I've no personal experience w/ MiniArt kits. Reaction based solely off the one guy's reactions.

LOL! I love Jeff Herne too! He does have some awesome paints! I also have the first issue of ModelX too. What a guy!

Thanks for posting Mike. I was an original member of the LEM when it was created way back when. Then Steinman invited me back. I appreciate everyone listening. Make sure to stay till after the music from Episode 2 on. Some funny stuff that is edited out is at the end. We are just getting into our groove.

My accent is pretty thick Ken. Especially when I go on a rant and forget to pronounce my words clearly :)

Was listening to Ep.4 last night while waiting for a train so I could head home, I was kept expecting punches to start being thrown... :lol:

Ken you gotta remember me. We were hanging out at Armorcon back in the day. Remember when that lady went nuts while we were at the bar in the lobby? Calling us war mongers for glorifying war and stuff. She got in your face and I started breaking her chops and she ran off.

That's pretty funny...
a74e71cf6e2c7f6ca27eb2ea2c63fafc.jpg

You warmonger you....:soldier

I'm also a former member of the LEM and I don't remember hearing this story! LOL! I would love to know more. Details man!! :Drinks:

Regarding shots fired at MiniArt, it reminds me of a friend on another forums who refers to that company as "MiniAaaargh!!" :lol:

My name on the LEM was Moses. MiniArt kits drive me up a wall. I love some of their kits and some others I want to put my head through the wall.

I have not had any time to listen to the podcast so far, and it looks like it will be so for another week or two. I listened to some of the first one and it was enjoyable enough.

Interesting to know your opinion about Miniart kits. I am somewhat the same way with Trumpeter kits (also known by Hobby Boss) While most of those are OK, there are some where their research was obviously just something they pulled out of their proverbial butt.

Ken you gotta remember me. We were hanging out at Armorcon back in the day. Remember when that lady went nuts while we were at the bar in the lobby? Calling us war mongers for glorifying war and stuff. She got in your face and I started breaking her chops and she ran off.
OMG! Rob I haven't thought about that night in a long time, I remember it all very well though, let's do it again sometime!

My accent is always getting my chops busted, my son loves to give me grief, even my Rhode Island girlfriend makes fun of me regularly.

The LEM, there's another blast from the past!

Back