• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New here

wiewiorka

so thought I would post some of my armour

SKIF T-64B

Glued tissue paper to make the canvas cover around the barrel , the crewman is from my Zvezda T-72A , also used some leftover fuel drums from one of my Zvezda T-80UD's , the SKIF ones detail was crap .
The lower hull had some big gaps to fill . but I'm real happy with the way it turned out .

I did'nt notice the small holes in the side skirts until looking at the photos , I have now filled them in

dscf2067.jpg

dscf2068.jpg

dscf2069.jpg

dscf2070.jpg

dscf2071.jpg

dscf2072.jpg

dscf2073.jpg

dscf2074.jpg

Thanks Jenny , Ryan

sharkmouth wrote:
Witamy Wiewiórka! Gdzie mieszkasz?

Welcome Wiewiorka, where do you live?

Regards,

I live in New Zealand .
My father is Polish , Wiewiorka is his family name , he came to New Zealand as a child
refugee at the end of WW2 after being deported to Siberia with his family .
As he got older he decided to change his name to something easier for Kiwi's to pronounce

Where are you in NZ? I have family in Timaru and Invecargil(never could spell it) as well as Wellington and Christchurch.

How do you live with that smell off the lake? Same could be said for here. When the wind shifts just right we smell like burnt soy sauce from ADM in Decatur! (30 miles away!) My Aunt just came to visit from Timaru. She brought some wood carvings for my wife and I. Love Maori art. Ryan

53Chevy wrote:
How do you live with that smell off the lake? Same could be said for here. When the wind shifts just right we smell like burnt soy sauce from ADM in Decatur! (30 miles away!) My Aunt just came to visit from Timaru. She brought some wood carvings for my wife and I. Love Maori art. Ryan

the smells not that bad , it seems to hang around the south side of Rotorua ,
but it's like all things I guess , you get used to it and don't really notice it
Rotorua has a long history with Maori culture , the city is a big tourist destination
for that reason

Back