• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nerdling's 1/48 Tamiya F4U Birdcage Done!

Nerdling's 1/48 Tamiya F4U Birdcage

Slapped some paint and clear on her. For some reason it looks like orange peel in the photo but I don't see it with the naked eye :hmmm Really need to get me a photo booth.

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

Calling her done. Not really happy with this build. The Vallejo clear was giving me fits no matter what I did. It kept trying to frost up on me. Eventually I just put another coat on and it helped a bit. Also just noticed the wheel hub came loose. Something else to fix lol :bang head

I found the Vallejo clear just didn't get a good cure on it, seemed really filmy. I like the outcome Ryan, what did you use for the panel line wash?

Be sure to get it posted on the CTAII completion thread!

Nice Job Ryan .... I may have to get you to help me with mine ..... I just received the same kit ... waiting for after market ...stuff (y) :woohoo: :notworthy

Looks good! Too bad about that wheel hub coming loose!

Reminds me that I have to get my Jake and Alf finished and get back to my P-40 for this campaign!!

:gogo

I found the Vallejo clear just didn't get a good cure on it, seemed really filmy. I like the outcome Ryan, what did you use for the panel line wash?

Be sure to get it posted on the CTAII completion thread!

Bob, I used some Pro Modeler wash for the paenl lines. I love the stuff.

Back