• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Need some help again!! This time for a model!!

Joe Hudson

Master at Arms
I am trying to get back to building a few models so I am in need of help again!! :lol: I have an old kit of the Italeri Puma, if you remember the last kit I built was 30 yrs old(!) andI wanted to see if anyone might know or have extra resin road wheels for this kit. The plastic ones are ok but I would like to do a little better. I have a metal barrel coming for it now, so if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. :)

BTW, I am almost done with a little model, my first in a few years!! :woohoo: :silly:

Joe

Joe,

Send me an e-mail and I will check my stash. I think I have something. The ones I have are designed for Italeri but Royal Models is annoying in their selection. They included three different types in the set so you have to buy multiple sets to have one vehicle with the same tread pattern on all wheels.

So, e-mail me.

Regards,

Not quite sure since they are intented for DML/Cyber Hobby model, but probably with some work they fit just fine. Actually it's a shame that I just found them myself since I have also Puma under work, and there's some extra work involved with DML kit wheels. But hey, it's what modelling is all about. ;)

And with different tread patterns, I have Panzerwrecks vol.4 and there is a picture of 234/2 with three different patterns in same vehicle. I think that specially towards end of war germans used what they could find.

Yes, I know the photo well. However, the tires in the Dragon and Italeri kits are of the later Gelände type. I only found one photograph of the 234/2 using it and that was black 022 (one of the decal options in the Dragon kit). Hussar productions makes some superb wheel sets for the Dragon 234 series. They even have the one that appears the most in the photos of the 234/2 (which is called type three by Hussar Productions)
HSR35047.jpg

Regards,

vt1100 wrote:
I have also Puma under work,...

Hi vt 1100,

Have you seen my review of the Dragon 234/2 kit? It includes a list of things to look at and/or correct:
http://www.track-link.net/reviews/k1765

Regards,

sharkmouth wrote:
vt1100 wrote:
I have also Puma under work,...

Hi vt 1100,

Have you seen my review of the Dragon 234/2 kit? It includes a list of things to look at and/or correct:
http://www.track-link.net/reviews/k1765

Regards,

I'm keeping this built pretty much straight from the box, with exception of Griffon Model barrel. But still very useful review, thanks for that :)

Well Joe,

I am one of the suckers who bought several of the Royal Model sets to make complete 8 wheel sets for my kits. This is what I have left over, of course there are eight but no spare was provided.

RM234WheelsRemnant.jpg

Yours for the price of postage. These are designed for the Italeri kit.

e-mail me again with your postal address if you want them.

Regards,

Packed and on their way to you... no charge. Congrats on the article! Let me know when you get them.

Regards,

sharkmouth wrote:
Packed and on their way to you... no charge. Congrats on the article! Let me know when you get them.

Regards,

Hey Saul,

Thank you again sooooo MUCH!!! Thanks also on the article. Did it seem ok to you, I mean were you able to understand it pretty easily?

Joe

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the delay (you should be getting the wheels today or tomorrow). I don't have FSM anymore. Yet, I have read the articles here and love the painting white one as I hope to tackle some scouts in a winter setting.

Regards,

sharkmouth wrote:
Hi Joe,

Sorry for the delay (you should be getting the wheels today or tomorrow). I don't have FSM anymore. Yet, I have read the articles here and love the painting white one as I hope to tackle some scouts in a winter setting.

Regards,

Hey Saul,

Thanks again so much. I will let you know when they arrive and i will send you out a copy of Fine Scale.

Joe

Back