• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Need Help With Tracks Bronco (Weijun) Models H39

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
As a diversion from my Jagdpanther build, I decided to do something completely different, the German H39 from Weijun (Bronco)Models. I usually do some recon before starting a kit and this one is no exception. I am wondering if the Friul ATL-068 set for the Hotchkiss will work as a replacement for the kit pieces. If not, any suggestions? The kit links are nicely molded, but are infuriating to assemble. I'm also wondering how many links per side are required? Thanks in advance for the expertise!

Use the vinyl tracks to gage the length needed. I actually used Jaguar (On-Track Model) tracks on mine along with the replacement resin drive wheel.

Regards,

My kit has individual link tracks, so about all I could use them for is to count them. I can't get more than a few together at once and don't have time to perform surgery on each link (there's 264 of the rascals). I also did a search for On-Track Models and also Jaguar tracks, but turned up zilch. Do you have a web address for either them? Thank you for the response!

Well, individual links are going to be an issue then as the Jaguar Models set also had several sprue connections to clean up on each. I have the Trumpeter vinyl tracks but they are a step down in my opinion.

Regards,

Back