• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Native Americans Breaking Camp diorama for work

JamesOLeary

Master at Arms
One of the projects I am working on while teleworking is a diorama depicting how camp was broken down and packed onto travois by the women of the tribe. I am using the Masterbox kit as the basis. Alex from Masterbox is a very good friend of mine and has an interest in the American West and Native Americans hence the company's series of Native American subjects. He has sent me several kits to use for various dioramas, and once the COVID-19 crisis is over, plans on sending a few more to flesh out this diorama some more. I started putting this together a while ago, but other things came up and then I needed to get something completed to show progress for work, so that is one of the reasons I stopped work on this and completed the Native American Flute Player bust. Now that the bust is complete, I can get back to work on this. The horses used for this project are going to be a first for me. Since the women of the tribes associate with the history of Fort Sill did most of the menial and manual labor type of work, I need to create several female figures showing them preparing and packing the tribes lodges and few belongings.
20200413_163229.jpg
20200413_163352.jpg
20200413_163400.jpg
20200413_163407.jpg

Cheers,
James

Thanks, guys. I think I can now proceed further on this project as I recently won an auction and in one of the lots of models I had won were two of these Tepee kits. They are made in resin and are well detailed inside and out, so I will be able to have two fully erected lodges among those being taken down. During the progress of the build, my plans may change a bit, but I will be using these kits for sure. On the exterior you can even see where the hides were put together to make the entire structure.

20200506_151519.jpg
20200506_151549.jpg
20200506_151603.jpg

Neat. Looking forward to watching this build. I didn't know there was a teepee kit out there. I wouldn't mind getting one. Looks so interesting.
James

Back