• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nationals anyone?

Barney

Nationals in Omaha are just around the corner. IS anyone interested in meeting up like we did in Chattanooga?

I am HOPING that gas isn't $10.00 a gallon by then...

Think it over and let's see what we can come up with.

Barney

Too far and remote for me

Have s great time and take pics
Omaha is in the middle of the country! It is easy to get to, from nowhere ever. We are planning on visiting the South Dakota BadLands afterwards.

I was stationed in western Missouri and visited my sister and her family when they were stationed at Offutt. This was 40 years ago and I am fairly certain that they actually have electricity in Nebraska these days, at least in the cities, maybe...

I happen to be off that week, but we'll see. It's a bit of a haul from NW Washington. If I do go I'll juggle some vacation around and make a road trip of it.

Have really pondered it, but this year is going to be a weird one for me in many ways. Probably won't know if I am going till I go or don't go.

We are planning on visiting the South Dakota BadLands afterwards.
I'm reading...(listening) The rise of TR by Edmund Morris. I knew he spent time out there but had no idea how much time. Be sure to get some pictures!

We will be in attendance. Arriving Thursday.
I will try and make contact with all that are there.

TLAR Models is sponsoring the trophy package for category 418 at the Nationals this year. "Boats, Speedboats, Motor Torpedo Boats and Motor Patrol Boats". The check is in the mail to the National Contest treasurer.(no, really! it is!)
Most of what I make fits in category 418.
It's not too late to get started on your less than 100-foot powered vessel and make a good showing!
I do love the National show! My friends at IPMS Fort Crook know how to put on a classy and entertaining contest!

A head's up for Ship modelers: There is a bright rumor that a great quantity of discontinued Loose Cannon resin kits will be for sale in July in Omaha.

I won't be going. Omaha may be in the center of the country and easy to get to from all corners; but that ease goes away when the money dries up. The way things are currently going for me; I won't be attending any more Nationals again. It's too bad; I had at least four motor torpedo boats/rescue launches to bring for Chris' category. Yeah, I'll just have to live vicariously through you guys.

Have fun all you who're going...

Much as I really want to go to Omaha, with the way my extra cash is going out due to all the extra insurance costs I am now having, due to changing to Medicare (yeah 65 sucks) I am going to have to be conservative and stay local this year. Really hate it as I wanted to go, but with my build mojo being on the skids and money getting tighter I am just going to have to be like Mark. I have $$ in the bank and want to keep it that way. Been in the hole for a lot of years and don't want to go there ever again if I can help it.

I have learned that no one can make Modelers come to a Contest. We all must choose how and when to spend our $$ on how far we go and who we want to visit with. Geography does enter in to it. My big buddy Don says he cain't go at all. This saddens me.

Back