• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My take on a Sherman

agentg

We all model AFV's as if they have been to hell and back. I decided to try another route. This is a brand new M4A3 on it's way to the ship.

That's a Tamiya M4A3 modified without tools, tow cables or crew gear. I scratch built the shipping crate and the entire railroad car section. I used coffee stir sticks for the decking as well as the chocks. The braces are HO scale lumber from HTUSA.

Bare Metal Foil, a staple of auto modelers, replicates the sealing material. Paint is mostly Tamiya. The RR car deck was stained with Testor's CreateFX enamel stain.

G

Fantastic idea, first thing that popped in my head was the "Kilroy" and there it was. Great job Wayne! :soldier

We all model AFV's as if they have been to hell and back. I decided to try another route. This is a brand new M4A3 on it's way to the ship.

That's a Tamiya M4A3 modified without tools, tow cables or crew gear. I scratch built the shipping crate and the entire railroad car section. I used coffee stir sticks for the decking as well as the chocks. The braces are HO scale lumber from HTUSA.

Bare Metal Foil, a staple of auto modelers, replicates the sealing material. Paint is mostly Tamiya. The RR car deck was stained with Testor's CreateFX enamel stain.

G

What a neat idea! KEWL!!!

Back