• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My Solution for Non-Handed Friulmodel Track Sets

Tony lee

Master at Arms
One of the other sites has had a pretty good discussion going about the non-handed Friul track sets. Since I only use the supplied wire for the very small track sets and Sequin or Lace pins for the rest,on the side that has the hole instead of the link pin detail I just use my Dremel to grind down the pin heads to somewhat match the factory detail before I pin the links together.

By spinning the pin between your finger tips against the stone at a slight angle you can dress out a side in no time and it sure looks better than the wire sticking out.
100_0562.jpg

If you look closely you can see a pin that was not ground down to the right of center and even it looks better than the supplied wire. :woohoo:

Just my little something to pass along to make life easier.
Tony Lee :)

Thanks folks. I don't know much but it's enough to be dangerous. Just trying to do my part as a member of this house hold.

The picture did turn out pretty good for a cheap Kodak. :lol:

Tony Lee :)

Back