• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My second sculpted figure - a GI holding a beer

JamesOLeary

Master at Arms
I got motivated to do some sculpting after sculpting the GI opening a can of beer that I wanted to sculpt a second figure to compliment that figure. This is the result. He is wearing 3d pattern jungle fatigues and jungle boots and has his left hand in his pocket. Although I did not intend for it to happen, the face of the figure ended up looking like one of my buddies that I served with in Alaska, Chris Hammett.

These photos were taken right after I had finished sculpting the right sleeve. Since these were taken, I have removed the right arm for casting purposes and have some minor clean up to do on the figure before I can send him off for casting.

I think he turned out fairly well. I am almost out of that 20 year old putty I like to use for heads and boots, so I need to see if Magic Sculpt comes in grey rather than the natural color I used for the rest of the figure. It is hard for me to see the details I am sculpting with the lighter putty.

Anyway, here are the photos of the figure.

20201014_165615.jpg
20201014_165907.jpg
20201014_165938.jpg
20201014_170000.jpg
20201014_170022.jpg
20201014_170044.jpg
20201014_170107.jpg
20201014_170134.jpg
20201014_170210.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
James

Funny thing what the subconscious will do to ya, you must have had the guy on your mind. Excellent work James!!! :notworthy

It sure is. Come to think of it, I had been talking to one of the guys I had served with in Alaska and we were talking about the other guys and some of the funny stuff they had done. Must have been why I was thinking of Chris at the time.

In this photo, I am on the right with the M16A2 with a 4 power Colt scope on it as I was the Squad Designated Marksman before that even became an actual thing in the Army. Chris is standing next to me to my right, your left. Can't tell too well because of the face camo, but the figure's face does resemble him a bit.
Forkhammer, Renteria, Hammet, me.jpg

The figure's face also resembles this Soldier. The photo is from "Combat Photographer" from the Vietnam Experience book series.
20201015_113731.jpg

Cheers,
James

What handsome guys we were back then. The figure is great!! That's what we called "the great American pose". The pic of the guy in Nam, looks like he's been out in the field too long. Gary S. XLV MMXX

Thanks, Guys. I am glad y'all are liking the figures I have done so far. I think the next set will be some mechanics conducting some maintenance activities on either M151s and M37s, or M113s and M48s.

Cheers,
James

Hi James , i like so much this your second figure too, congratulations.

Their dimension is similr to BRAVO6 ones????

Mario from Italy.

Thanks, Guys.

Mario,
Their sizing is very similar to Bravo 6 so they will be compatible with those figures in a diorama or vignette. My heads are a bit bigger than Bravo 6 heads, but the rest of the body is about the same.

Cheers,
James

Back