• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My profile photo explained [CROKY]

reconron

cc

That thing on me, is an eagle in a camouflage-suit so it looks like a pigeon....
No, not realy [ ofcourse] :)

It is CROKY the amazing pigeon.Here is the story....
My girlfriend Anja and her gayfriend Rene went on a day on a trainyourney to the zoo in Emmen in the north of the Netherlands.On their way back Anja found a babypigeon left alone on a platform.He was more dead then alive.
Anja, who is a big animallover didn't think twice and picked up the babybird.
Rene, who was scared to pick up the "baby" said in his usual gayish way: "oooh darling,he just looks like CROKY ".[CROKY is a brand of patatoechips in the Netherlands, whit a parrot cartoon image on it's bags.] :)
When I went to pick up Anja and Rene from the trainstation and I did see the little bird I thought: :unsure: O NO what does she drag into the house this time :woohoo:
Amazingly, Croky survived and grew up to be a healthy pigeon.He became my favourit pet animal and everywere we went CROKY followed.We even went on walks in the forrest with him.He then flew a bit but always he landed on my or my girlfriends back or cap.
Croky was always happy to see me.When he heared my voice he made always some noise in exictement.
But alas little birds grew up.One day he was 'mating'on the back of Anja's hand!Soon after he flew away.I guess he was looking for a ladypigeon.My heart was broken. :( I hope he has found his mate and lives happyly ever after.

Well I hope Croky may come back with a whole heap of babies for you too :) , my Mum looks after a lot of orphaned babies , most native mammals in Australia are Marsupials ( they rear their babies in pouches ) and unfortunately are also prone to be road kill , luckily babies will often survive and although the mortality rate is very high , we have many hand reared babies that still hang around the farm as adults , like Rufus the wallaby and Sprinkles the possum , stand underneath the tree where Sprinkles is and you will see how he got his name :X .

Jenny :kiss:

that reminds me of cute rufus! :(

i hope that both - croky AND rufus - are fine and healthy!

EDIT: that's cute rufus, the sweet rascal:

gday_1_20101003_1672311133.jpg

Fine story! I would make sure to leave a nice little private residence for Croky out in the back yard. I guy needs his privacy you know...

Oke people,now a Croky collage;
AllemaalCrokys.jpg

By the way,a special thank you to my girlfriend Anja for making this piece of artwork![sometimes I am hopeless with computers]
Greetings,Ron.

Animals can be so much fun!
I had a big laugh on Jenny's Sprinkles name explaination. :laugh:

Did Rufus go away? That's a shame. :(

Greetings, Recondove....er..Reconron.

reconron wrote:
Oke people,now a Croky collage;
AllemaalCrokys.jpg

By the way,a special thank you to my girlfriend Anja for making this piece of artwork![sometimes I am hopeless with computers]
Greetings,Ron.

Welcome back to TANKS AND ANIMALS :laugh:

I recently had a dream; CROKY came back with his wife CROKYETTE.
CROKY intruduced her to me and then....my alarmclock went of. :(
That day I really hated my alarmclock.

[Don,t worry ,I will not go on and on and on about my pigeon, I will post something in 'TANKS'.]

Greetings,Ron.

Back