• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My new obcession

Paulw

I got this GWH P-61 "The last shoot down" for a little next to nothing. All I can say about this kit is that it hasn't shown any of the issues of the previous two offerings. I have found one or two in the boom assembly but mostly all of the fit issues is me rushing through the build. Things I found that are disappointing are 1. The instructions show a nose weight that is part of the fuselage assembly and it isn't in the kit. They also show placing the instrument decals on the ip face but there are no such decals in the kit.

The engine assembly is pretty straight forward and even though it is in 48 it seems more accurate that the Trumpeter R 2800 in either scale, 48 or 32.

The interior is ok and really not visible when the fuse is zipped up.

One of the things that Phil and Chef found was it takes a ton of weight to keep it on all threes. So in retrospect I am more than likely going to fasten it to some sort of board or drift wood maybe a brick.

Or you add a leaning figure as a tail skid.

509_099.jpg

509_154.jpg

Your Black Widow is looking pretty hawt- cheers!

Way to go Paul, looks good. I had issues with the booms, found this kit in a box the other day and test fitted and for the life of me can't figure out where the issue was. Press on big guy! :popcorn

Well I finally got the transparencies masked and inconveniently lost a panel to the radar op canopy. I loaded the nose with 2 oz fishing sinkers and that seemed to do the trick. I still have some to go before primer and then silver and some hair spray. Ill be using the cheap stuff if anyone wants to know.

Very nice Paul!

Is it just me though, or does the nose transparency sit a little lower than the rest of the fuselage??

:popcorn

This is getting close to sorta, kinda, done. I shot some black primer on and I think Ill just do my weathering from there. All I have left are the gear doors and the real tiny stuff. I could have done better and I have no excuses why but it is what it is.

yep, I know about that prop thats looking drunk.

Looks good Paul, she looks nice in black!

Now that I see it painted, i can see where the front landing gear door makes up for that step in the fuselage that you mentioned!

:popcorn

The nic name of this kit is not wrong - Widow Maker!! in more was than one....... GWH you must thank them Paul for the missng decals and that shown nose weight - also missing from my build...

Bet you enjoyed the Pe engine loom too, mine went straight into the bin, what a P.O.S. idea, plastic one would of been much stronger and easier to fit.
Well you seem to have grabbed the Bitch by the proverbial's and done a real nice job of it, well done matey!

Roll onto the finish :good:

Back