• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My first build this year - an unknown US aircraft

I got this kit in my stash for over 10 years, without box and instruction sheets, just plastic parts with some parts missing. I managed tp assemble it anyway and painted it with industrial paint (400ml spray can, Olive Green). I'd appreciate if anyone can tell me the name of this aircraft plus the name of the model manufacturer and its scale. The pilot is not included in the kit, it's from other kit:

10jan2012-09.jpg

10jan2012-10.jpg

10jan2012-11.jpg

10jan2012-12.jpg

10jan2012-13.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Without a box, it is hard to tell if this is the ITC or Glencoe release of the Piasecki VZ-8P Flying Jeep:
http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/PIASECKI%20AIRGEEP%20PAGE.htm

Regards,

sharkmouth - Thanks for your reply and link. It's very helpful. I think mine is ITC's because it's exactly the same base, same vehicle. I've got the windshield but I didn't install it because I'd never thought it would be installed vertically like that, I thought it would cover the pilot head (installed horizontally) but it's not long enough and wide enough, I thought some parts were missing so I left it out. Now I can install it as seen in the picture of ITC's kit, add black color to the "rubber" part, and find some decals for it.

James - Thanks for dropping by and giving nice comments. Now I'm building another kit - Type 1963 60mm Chinese Mortar scale 1:2 which comes with a bag of plaster cement. I've filled the mortar base, mortar barrel and mortar shell with it (after mixing with water) so as to add weight to them. Next step is assembling and painting.

sharkmouth - Same molds but they seem to cite different scale - ITC 1:32 and Glencoe 1:35.
Curious to find out whose kit I got, I looked up my Purchase Record and found that it's a Glencoe kit
which I got in 2003, registered as aircraft no. 301.

kryptosdaddy - You're welcome.

Same molds but they seem to cite different scale - ITC 1:32 and Glencoe 1:35.

This has happened many times before. The change in scale is to make them appeal to the market they target. When the kit first came out, 1/32nd scale was the armor scale of choice and many companies produced them, my favorite back then was Monogram with the Shep Paine modeling insert.

Regards,

I see. So who's the first company to come up with 1:35 scale armor? Was it Tamiya? In the old days some kits have weird scale, I remember building a B-58 Hustler 1:93.5 and it's still in one of my display cases today. I didn't even paint it then.

Now I'm improving the Airgeep and will show them in this topic later on.

Back