• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My first attempt at a figure with base

Leopard2

This is Warriors US Sniper in France. This is my very first figure ever. I am doing this figure for a friend who dad was a sniper at Anzio. I have to say this is not the bestest of figures. Lots of bubbles and the base wasn't straight at all. I had to shim the base and throw a bucket full of putty on there as well.

I painted the figure with Tamiya and MM acrylics and played around a little with some oil washes. So I hope I get him done within the next week or so. (I didnt have good lighting so the pics arent the best)

Joe

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

Well for a first attempt this is mighty fine , your skills at painting always get better with time and you are doing real nice :) ,

Jenny :kiss:

Good advice there from Jenny , Joe

With every figure you paint you learn something new, my mentor told me practice pratice practice even on old figures that youd normally throw out.

Keep a mental note on how you acheieved a particular look or a paint mix that you liked, although I have such a bad memeory I have to write everything down

What website is this again?????

Thats a neat little vignette. Painting figures is harder than it looks but boy is it fun. Look forward to more.
James

Back