• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My first 1:10 bust (WIP)

C_G

Hi friends.

I have just started to paint this 1:10 bust. Its my first attempt. Appreciate comments from the expert here :)

front_20100127_2042989072.jpg

side1_20100127_1052425435.jpg

side2_20100127_1209672058.jpg

I am no expert but it looks really nice so far. Are you using oils? The other thing, is the hair just undercoated?

Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for your encouragement.

The bust is painted in acrylics and you are right, the hair is only undercoat, yet to 'fine print' the hair yet :)

Thanks
CG

Very nice. I think you should go with a base of English Uniform or some darker color for the base on blonde hair. This is just me but this way you can work your way up to the higher color. Here is an attempt that I did using English Unifor and burnt umber as the base and then went up. Of course this is not the only way or best way,just a suggestion.

Joe

PA080039.JPG

Looking good so far C_G !

Ive only ever done 1 bust, so I shall watch this with enthusiam

Joe what size is that Officer ?

Andy

Hey Joe, tat is a good and nicely done figure....

I will certainly follow your method and re-post the head again for your comments.

I really thank you for your kind sharing of knowledge you have given me.

Thanks!
CG

Back