• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MORNING HORROR ! not for faint of heart

dirtball

Woke up to THIS today ! OH Horror of Horrors !! Gently moved the light and found that everything is OK, Thank God !!!.Need advice on a new lamp, one with a METAL base..................Harv :blink

100_4118.jpg

100_4119.jpg

Whoa! You are a lucky fella indeed, Harv! I bought this at Woodcraft on one of our little excursions with Moon Pup and Phantom II.

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/2083691/34181/80-led-magnifying-lamp-75-x-62-glass-175x.aspx

The optics are great, the LED takes some getting used to. Ask MP for is 2 cents. :mpup

In thinking about it, maybe you should buy a Lotto ticket while you're at it. Damn, that WAS lucky! I dropped a resin piece in a carpeted room yesterday and it landed on the only hard thing in there. Cracked it, of course! :pinch: Good luck in your search. (y)

Here's how I did mine up using a cheap lamp, since I worked in an auto shop all I did was take some scrap rod and weld it to the end of an old GM caliper slider and welded the sleeve to a flat plate. I did it so that if I needed to I could change the lamp but so far it's lasted around 15 years so all is good (y)

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

Now that's a Mount!

Harv, feel your pain, glad the Lightening is OK.

I've gotten use to that light on it, mainly because I've got another helping it out. But the optics is great! Just wish they didn't have LED lights.

Dang you a lucky man indeed. I heard ppl at our club talking about something called an Ott Lite or something like that. Its supposed to be near natural light. Hobby Lobby supposedly has them. Idk the price but a 40% coupon always helps.

Joe

Ott light is good, I have a couple, Chuck was the first one I heard mention it so it's Chuck Approved. :dude

The only reason i'm not using the Ott Mag light is because the range of motion is limited. I see on their website http://www.ottlite.com, the one I have has been discontinued. I'd still give it total Thumbs up (y)

Man that thing is fighting you so hard its calling in reinforcements. Ott lights are awesome.Have had one for years. Really would like to find one with the magnifying glass so will watch and see what you find. Good luck Harv.

James

Thanks for all of your thoughts., and ideas. Its fixed and it didn't cost me anything ! Removed screws that held assembly to plastic box it outlets in it. Then took some sheet metal screws and anchored that part directly to table. It won't swivel, but never used it that much. Also never used the two outlets. Just have to connect wires and away we go !!............Harv

100_4122.jpg

100_4123-1.jpg

100_4124.jpg

Back