• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

More work on ST figure USMC Pacific

chris808

Hi all have done a bit more work to my Marine been doing this for bloody years started it when i live in the States.
Did some work on the rifle hands and face wanted him to look tired and worn out ,the head wound i did before using Plumbers tape of PFT tape some like to call it,i think i got the blood right hard to do in fact other wisw you end up detracting from the figure in effect overpowering it instead of being part of the story.
When i started taking the pics i noticed a tub of chives in the garden so i thought what the hell lol.
Hope you enjoy

Cheers Chris

dsc04949_20100602_1887180477.jpg

dsc04963_20100602_1399908801.jpg

dsc04973_20100602_1250695386.jpg

dsc04979_20100602_1649548758.jpg

dsc04984_20100602_1012733609.jpg

Chris, the first reaction I had when the image was loading was to wince for this guy, the pain he must be suffering, the expression on his face, Well Done Sir!

The face and expression is spot on.

If I may be critical, I think the wood stock of the rifle could use some work, the grain of the wood looks large but this is the only negative I see, the rest is outstanding.

Top notch work! (y)

Hi mate

yea the rifle still needs a lot of work got a bit distracted with the bloody washing machine beeping lol.you are right the face makes me wince
Thanks very much for the feed back

I love it Chris ! :)

Whats the figure though as Im up for doing a USMC figure in the near future ?

Good thing about the base it that you can eat it !! :D

Hi Andy
Thanks for the feed back i like this scale i can see it lol its a 120 fig by S&TProducts Colorado Minitures sell them just checked the site and does not have that one however if you contact Gray he will no doubt point you in the right direction ,i feel meat balls pasta and chives tonight lol H edoes have one from the Korean War which is part of a 2 figure display you can by both or individual its called the "Choisen few " its brill

Cheers Mate

Back