• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

more dio possibilities .........

Everyboby likes lookin at pics ................ B)
Sorry about the one with the dog [ off topic ] , off to fly my sortie with a dog slobbered topper .

PzKpfw-I-towing-a-Ju-87-2_zps6336bbc9.jpg

Is this one of those "they would never do that"

Dad mention to me the other day about an aircraft dio with aircraft in flight. got me thinking, I remember a guy at FSM building airliners, only half of them and mounting them on mirrors, think he did that 747 landing at that runway in the Caribbean that's right on the beach. But I don't think that covers it.

How could you do a inflight Aircraft Dio? I got a couple of ideas in my head but want to bounce it off y'all first.

How could you do a inflight Aircraft Dio?

The best I have seen was an Me-163 with the mount hidden in the flame/smoke of the exhaust, a helictoper brushing against a tree (palm) which also hid the mount, and shadow boxes. The latter control the viewer's range and can include forced perspective as well as hiding the mounts in blind spots.

Regards,

shadow boxes. The latter control the viewer's range and can include forced perspective as well as hiding the mounts in blind spots.

Regards,

:coolio

Say a 1:32 scale aircraft in the foreground firing on a 1:72 or 1:144 aircraft in the distance.

Chuck it looks like the Pz is on the move, notice the distortion of the drive sprocket and tracks. That looks like a combat vehicle as well, not something commandeered for taxi duty you know. Must be photoshopped though, they would never do that...:rotf

PzKpfw-I-towing-a-Ju-87-2_zps6336bbc9.jpg
it's do-able, as long as you can find a 1/48 Pzkw I.

It can also be done in a larger scale with either Dragon ($$), Masterbox's ($), or Tristar's ($$$) 1/35th scale PzKpfw I Ausf A and either 21st Century Toys ($) or Trumpeter's 32nd scale Junkers Ju-87B ($$$).

Regards,

Way ta go Chuk , ........... could you pretty , pretty please with sugar on top NOT post the ref. pic. during the build if and when you post on other sites .

Becauuuuuuuze sooner or later some armchair historian dee doo will post " Nice build Chuk but that would NEEEEEEEVER have happened because of x y or z . "

Then Bam , you whip out the ref. pic. and apologize for building only what you see !!!!!!!

Kinda like fartin in an elevator with someone you don't really like that's also going to the 20th floor with ya .

Yeah I am a 60 year old kid , .............. so what :yipee

Back