• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Monogram/Koster XP-72

Thanks, guys. It's getting closer. If I was a real modeler I would spend more time on the prop. The resin parts are pretty rough.

0126p47.jpg
0116p47.jpg

"If I was a real modeler…" Hah! ;)You're almost to the finish line and it's looking great, John. You've made me want to go look at my props now, though. I've got to figure out where I put the darn thing now. :doh:

I wanna see the 333rd Fighter Group markings and the dust from the Iwo Jima airstrip in 1946 on Her!
Kimpo AB in 1953?
C'mon John! Throw it into overdrive!!.
:oldguy::yipee::lol::tomato::lol:

Thanks, all youse!

I painted the stainless areas around the cowl flap gills and installed some brass rod for the guns. The XP-72 was going to have only six 50's instead of the usual 8 and the inner one was located further back in the wing. Also, if it had gone into production it would probably had the same wing as the P-47N. The last photo shows it with the ProModeler P-47N. What a couple of brutes! Of course, I forgot to put the pitot tube on, but I know where it is, at least. But that's all down to Chris, he told me to put it in overdrive!

0136p47.jpg

0146p47.jpg

0156p47.jpg

0166p47.jpg

0176p47.jpg

0186p47.jpg

0196p47.jpg

0206p47.jpg

0216p47.jpg

0226p47.jpg

Back