• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Monogram Ford TriMotor 1/72 >>>DONE<<<

dewertus

Due to the fact that Golden Era campaign wasn't start i decided to join to this group with old Monogram 1/72 Ford TriMotor - this is one of my favorite planes from that period.

DSCF6423.JPG

Monogram Ford TriMotor 1/72

Built that kit several years ago, one of my early test best for NMF and I still can't get it right :bang head

Biggest pain is getting decals to lay down in that corrugated surface.

:popcorn

Ah the memories! I built one of these some years ago; I even took an OOB award at the 2007 IPMS Nationals with it. What a great little kit; have fun!

That's an oldie! Like most others I built one ages ago, but a cool kit! Good luck with your build!
Ernie

:pilot

You know only 199 of these were ever built. Far more Junkers were built though...

You know only 199 of these were ever built.

And three of them was took by Byrd on South Pole, one from those three will be mine :Hiay

Decals (from 1999) even though I secured them using a microscale liquid disintegrate in water bringing me crazy. Some inscriptions I had to paint manually what unfortunately is visible...

DSCF6620.JPG

DSCF6621.JPG

DSCF6622.JPG

Great work Hubert, these old kits really get the modeler's skills working!

You know only 199 of these were ever built.

And three of them was took by Byrd on South Pole, one from those three will be mine :Hiay

Decals (from 1999) even though I secured them using a microscale liquid disintegrate in water bringing me crazy. Some inscriptions I had to paint manually what unfortunately is visible...

DSCF6620.JPG

DSCF6621.JPG

DSCF6622.JPG

You know you think about it, it was an amazing feat that they were able to operate in arctic conditions.

Fine build so far Hubert :pilot

The Ford Trimotor is done :Hiay Decals after 15 years in box didn't survived test of time (even that i secured them using Microscale liquid) :(

This is not my "the best of" model due to the fact that i broke two holly rules of modeling -
1. better is enemy of good,
and
2. when model is almost ready do not correct anything there - you will only made it worse...

DSCF6623.JPG

DSCF6624.JPG

DSCF6627.JPG

DSCF6640.JPG

DSCF6648.JPG

DSCF6646.JPG

DSCF6638.JPG

Back