• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Model Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles.Update 4/30/19

A Pocher Ferrari Testarossa Finished, June 13th

OK, I took a couple of days off from the weathering O.D. tutorial and finished up the Ferrari Interior. I was surprised that a kit as expensive as the Pocher kits were, it didn't have any carpeting in the interior. I got some with the appropriate color from a doll house shop and started carpeting. Most of this is out of the box with some paint, but I added details here and there such as the seat belts and some clear glass, Micro slips, (The micro thin covers for microscope slides), cut with a diamond stereo needle to fit, for the instrument panels. I took styrene rod, painted it the color of the interior and then laid it on the edges of the carpet as real floor covering has carpet edging made of vinyl. It has working steering and suspension, so, as I'm not following the instruction sheets much, I had to keep that in mind when installing the steering wheel.

Here are some pics!

FerintA-1.jpg

FerintB.jpg

FerintC.jpg

FerintD-1.jpg

FerintE-1.jpg

FerintF-1.jpg

Next up, the chassis.

Bob

Very cool Bob! I find it odd there was no carpet. The model I had came all kinds of cloth and leather. :idonno

Terry B)

Very cool Bob! I find it odd there was no carpet. The model I had came all kinds of cloth and leather. :idonno

Terry B)

I know, I have an unbuilt Mercedes 540K from Pocher. I've had it for years, but I seem to remember the last time I looked at it, it even had leather covers for the seats.

The Testerossa is a very big car compared to the other ones, maybe they tried to cut costs.

Bob

OK, I took a couple of days off from the weathering O.D. tutorial and finished up the Ferrari Interior. I was surprised that a kit as expensive as the Pocher kits were, it didn't have any carpeting in the interior. I got some with the appropriate color from a doll house shop and started carpeting. Most of this is out of the box with some paint, but I added details here and there such as the seat belts and some clear glass, Micro slips, (The micro thin covers for microscope slides), cut with a diamond stereo needle to fit, for the instrument panels. I took styrene rod, painted it the color of the interior and then laid it on the edges of the carpet as real floor covering has carpet edging made of vinyl. It has working steering and suspension, so, as I'm not following the instruction sheets much, I had to keep that in mind when installing the steering wheel.

Here are some pics!

FerintA-1.jpg

FerintB-1.jpg

FerintC-1.jpg

FerintD-1.jpg

FerintE-1.jpg

FerintF-1.jpg

Next up, the chassis.

Bob

WOW! looks fast... (y)

You can almost smell the leather. Fix the cigarette lighter.

(y) (y) :notworthy :notworthy

Thanks Jeff,

Well, all the company is gone for a couple of weeks anyway, but enough time to finish up this monster. BTW, if anybody tells you these Pocher kits are an easy build, forget it. What a pain in the butt! Anyway, it's complete and I'm calling it finished.

Here is a shot of the side, everything is displayed open.

side02.jpg

A different angle.

Ferrariside01.jpg

Four shots of the engine compartment. I always put a lot of detail in the engines and then most of it gets covered up when they are dropped in.

motor01.jpg

[
motor02.jpg

motor03.jpg

motor04.jpg

A couple of interior shots., Again a lot of lost detail.

interior-1.jpg

int02.jpg

A shot of the luggage compartment.

trunk.jpg

From the Front.

front-3.jpg

From the rear.

rear-5.jpg

Through the windshield.

windshield.jpg

One last shot with a comparison with a 1/32 scale MGTC. The Ferrari weighs about 30 pounds. It is really heavy!

comparison.jpg
]

Well, glad it's finished, now back to some armor!

Bob

Jaw dropping work!!! :woohoo: A true masterpiece! (y) (y) (y)

All the best!!
Dusan

Bob to say it's impressive does not it justice . (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Well that's going on the showroom floor. Great work Mr. Letterman.

(y)

:notworthy you can't tell that's a model on those pics! amazing build and paintjob Bob!
//Mats

Back