• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MK XVIe Spit

Looking good Paul. Seems to me I read that other builders had problems with the Tamiya Spitfire cowls.

Cheers, Christian B)

It is. But you did a fantastic job on the Spit so the Stang should be a piece of cake :D
James

I suck at weathering, I figured the build;d was going along too well to finish up as anything but a disaster. The wash seeped int the texture of the paint even though I used future and a gloss coat I guess Ill learn better next time. Any way the decals went on fairly well and the thing with those were that it too liberal amounts of micro-sol and solvaset to get them to respond. I dont want to go too far with this and really muck it up so Ill clean it up and try dot filtering on some areas.

Sorry to disappoint you guys because I know I am capable of way better results than this.

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

Looks good to me Paul. Looks like its been flying through smoke and smokey air. The CF-18's we had in Germany were filthy. Not from lack of care, but just flying. We got one freshly painted and with in weeks it was as dirty as the rest. So looks fine to me. (y) (y) (y)
James

Your Spitfire looks MUCH better with some dirt and grime on it...unless you are attempting to build an aircraft as it sits in a museum a model of a WWII airplane looks more authentic with at least some weathering done to it.

Matrixone

I suck at weathering, I figured the build;d was going along too well to finish up as anything but a disaster. The wash seeped int the texture of the paint even though I used future and a gloss coat I guess Ill learn better next time. Any way the decals went on fairly well and the thing with those were that it too liberal amounts of micro-sol and solvaset to get them to respond. I dont want to go too far with this and really muck it up so Ill clean it up and try dot filtering on some areas.

Sorry to disappoint you guys because I know I am capable of way better results than this.

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

I don't know what you're complaining about, it looks fine to me. I'd be proud to have that on my shelf. :pilot

Back