• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mitsubishi A6M3 Type 22

jugjunkie

This is the kit i'll be doing with Eduard colour etch for the cockpit and Squadron Vac canopy. Bought this off someone some time back for next to nothing and they told me it didn't have a cockpit and when I got home.....VOILA it had two of these Vac formed gems in it.

Subject.jpg

With nearly 6 months to go - I should breeze this.

This is cool maybe I should build something to shoot it down. :D

Looking forward to :popcorn this come along.

B)

That's a loaded question. Need more detail to help, you got your images on your photobucket account? Having problems getting the image tags to work?

Looks fine to me, fit should be automatic unless you're running an older version of Internet Explorer.

The cockpit is zipped in, only a final matt coat and the glass for the gunsight and the glazing can go on...

IMGP9882.jpg

IMGP9881.jpg

IMGP9880.jpg

IMGP9879.jpg

The detail in this is awesome! What brush & magnifier did you use?

Eduard brush and magnefier :lol:

The vac form cockpit is plenty work to cut out and to fit with quite a bit of white glue used. Next i'll need to blend the canopy into the fusalage and make sure everything is smooth - more work than I was hoping it would all be but DAMN that canopy is crystal clear!!!!!

IMGP9884.jpg

IMGP9885.jpg

IMGP9888.jpg

Cheers and thanks Buddho. Well I eventually squared away the canopy, just neeed to touch up one small area then we can move forward...

20120301_115726.jpg

Put down the base coat which is the Lacquer based Model Master Aluminium. Next i'll put an over coat of Model Master Clear Lacquer, then because this will be my first ever attempt at the hairspray weathering technique, i'll use whatever the wife has available then i'll use acrylics for the final colouring - then let the games begin....

20120302_194832-1.jpg

20120302_195548.jpg

Back