• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkmouth

MiniArt 48001 P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt

In the past I have thought "What? Another Thunderbolt/Mustang/Spitfire/Me-109/Zero kit? That's just what we need. Oh POO!"
This has some fine features and tooling, indeed! Miniart have come a long way since their humble beginnings.
Thanks Saul!

What's the open slot on the underwing? And that pinup from the decal sheet looks familiar. I really like who the got the stencils organized.

The proof of the pudding will be in the building. The only competition would be the very old but pretty good Aires resin set and the Hasegawa kit..one thing is for sure, the miniart kit will be a whole lot easier to build and might even be enjoyable after an Aires build :)

Mini art

48001_renders-13.jpg

Aires

s-l960.jpg

Last edited:
What's the open slot on the underwing? And that pinup from the decal sheet looks familiar. I really like who the got the stencils organized.

That is to accommodate the different panel configuration aft of the main gear on D-30 version of the kit. It had dive brakes installed in that location.

Cheers,
RichB

And that pinup from the decal sheet looks familiar.
1710239504747.png

The only competition would be the very old but pretty good Aires resin set and the Hasegawa kit..one thing is for sure, the miniart kit will be a whole lot easier to build and might even be enjoyable after an Aires build :)
@paddy, I have only built the Tamiya and Academy/Eduard (aside from the ancient Monogram kit). Yet, I find the Tamiya to have been the best, especially with the Resin2Detail engine:
1710239217873.png

That is to accommodate the different panel configuration aft of the main gear on D-30 version of the kit. It had dive brakes installed in that location.
Correct. This is included in their P-47D-30RA release:
1710239766881.png

Last edited:
i think it should be pointed out to the casual reader that the miniart kit doesnt include anything aft of the cylinders ? so yes its a nice build but its only using the miniart kit as a base ? Much like you might use the Hasegawa as a base for the Aires upgrade. (unless i have got it wrong ? )

Back