• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mini Art Studios (Hong Kong) Dead German Infantry

shawngehling

Hello all,
Well I had some time this weekend to model. I dug out an old Resin set of figures from Mini Art Studio's in Hong Kong. Dr. David Kan used to put these excellent figures out and many others. Currently I don't think he is doing anything but I send him a Christmas Card every year. He is suppose to be on line, but I can't seem to reach him.
I've had the Abandoned gun emplacement done for some time now, but it was always missing something, I think I found what was missing? Let me know what you think?
I still need to dust the new rubble after the black wash is dry.
I threw in some after market helmets with liners, and lots of equipment from the spare parts box.
Shawn

Box art
miniart_studios_dead_germans_box_20100607_1045762744.jpg

Built figures
miniart_studios_dead_germans_pair_built_20100607_1985388313.jpg

Basic paint
miniart_studios_dead_germans_pair_basic_paint_20100607_1976557569.jpg

Teller mines with the fuse drilled out
miniart_studios_dead_germans_mines_20100607_1037756617.jpg

Dio with wet black wash
miniart_studios_dead_germans_left_overhead_20100607_1256671857.jpg

Close up of dio with wet black wash
miniart_studios_dead_germans_wet_right_closeup_20100607_1027965943.jpg

Closeup of figures and equipment
miniart_studios_dead_germans_wet_right_really_closeup_20100607_1604527896.jpg

That turned out well! I mean, I would want a Panzerfaust too if I had to crew that little gun... LOL! I have to agree that the layout is awesome! And the figures are looking good! Is that the ready made cobblestone?

WDE

Travis

Travis,
This is one of those old Verlinden vacuformed plastic sheets (not the railroad German
sheets that I had) that I picked up at one of the shows... It fit the scene just right
so I figured I would run with it. The rubble is the stuff that I made from an old Tamiya
brick wall. Glad you liked it...
Shawn

Back