• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messerschmitt Me 163S 1/72 Komet Intercepter

Now I'm waiting for my paint to dry making great progress on my pits ...

hfa140ad.jpg

Pit seats &bulkheads are painted ...

h8d9b4d0.jpg

Seatbelts & instrument side panels ready ... :pilot

Well time for a update again

ha54b36d.jpg

I've put the seatbelts in & ip on side of pilot's chairs you might can see them on right arm rest ... I also managed to launch one of the belts at my chest ... & I lost sight of where it fell ... So I spent all afternoon vacuuming the floor to find it ... No joy ... :good: :unsure: :frantic

Lookin' good thar Gerry. :drinks Now, check the desk... iffin' it bounced off yer chest, it rebounded to the back of the bench... :popcorn

I can't catch a break on this one ... Discovered I put one of the ip panels on wrong so I tried prying it off ... Landed some where in the Carpet monsters jaws of doom ... :( :vmad :eek:hmy:

Ok this was looking so good when I put the two belts on the one seat maybe I can make a replacement and I may try to vacuum the carpet again ... If I could find that panel I think the belt could be faked ... I blame this all On Ed for Jinxing Me with His 1st Comment ... :rotf :rotf :rotf

Looking good! (y)

Once I nearly lost a small part that fell from the workbench and after a long search I could not find it and gave up hope of ever seeing it again, a few hours later I did find it...it was stuck to one of my shoelaces! :blush:

Matrixone

Looking good! (y)

Once I nearly lost a small part that fell from the workbench and after a long search I could not find it and gave up hope of ever seeing it again, a few hours later I did find it...it was stuck to one of my shoelaces! :blush:

Matrixone

:huh: :rotf :rotf :rotf Not laffin' at ya. I'm laffin' with ya!! I had tweezer-paulted a pe part once & looked for hours & gave up figgerin' it was MIA. I went to my friend's house & she found something shiny stuck to my beard!! :facepalm :blush: :blush: :blush:

Ok this was looking so good when I put the two belts on the one seat maybe I can make a replacement and I may try to vacuum the carpet again ... If I could find that panel I think the belt could be faked ... I blame this all On Ed foe Jinxing Me with His 1st Comment ... :rotf :rotf :rotf

:huh: :unsure: :idonno :eek:ldguy :eek:ldguy :S :tomato :tomato

Ok this was looking so good when I put the two belts on the one seat maybe I can make a replacement and I may try to vacuum the carpet again ... If I could find that panel I think the belt could be faked ... I blame this all On Ed foe Jinxing Me with His 1st Comment ... :rotf :rotf :rotf
I found the perfect answer to loosing my parts to the floor - I BUILD ON THE FLOOR NOW :S

I found the perfect answer to loosing my parts to the floor - I BUILD ON THE FLOOR NOW :S

:rotf :rotf :rotf :drinks

Man that is really neat stuff! The pilots that flew these had to be a combo of crazy & brave. The two fuels that mixed were HIGHLY explosive and VERY volatile....and they mixed just behind your neck! I read the book ROCKET FIGHTER and it had some great first-person details of what it was like to fly one of these.

Ok Seriously fellers, Thanks Luiz, iambrb & James for checking in and moving this to 2nd chance, So now I'm on this thing no Jokes like last time. Kinda why I stopped building this, We are MA so let's model & leave the Facebook stuff where it belongs.

This isn't the size I like, my Me 510 has come in since I started this but let's carry it through. I think I have a new respect for braille-scale modelers, especially Rhino

So I dug this all out, started with the wings which have some issues, but I cemented them together any way.

haef91eb.JPG

hff5df56.JPG

Then I did a little putty work, tried red glazing putty this time ... about the same cost as Squadrons white stuff ... Just couldn't find the Squadron stuff.

ha3a36be.JPG

Now for the goodie's

hd59dab0.JPG

h752d77c.JPG

h6b00181.JPG

h02539b2.JPG

nice little set, I'll be working on this between waiting for the paint to dry ... We got about 7" of rain this weekend.

C&C Welcome - Gerry - Over & Out - :pilot

Back