• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Auf1 155mm SPH

I've found while researching the Au-F1 that these kits,Hobby Boss and Meng, are a mix of several series models features and not totally correct for any one model. I guess just about anything goes in that department unless you plan to correct what the experts consider errors except the breech is facing the wrong way on the Meng kit. You can fix that but you won't be able to see it anyway once the casement is installed.

Interesting huh

Well back to the drawing board
Tony lee

James the Hobby Boss kit is said to be the less complicated build and has good exterior detail.
No torsion bar suspension, No interior and rubber band tracks.

Tony lee

Sorry for not getting a start on this but it came up M.I.A.
Turns out it left Sprue Bros in Kansas City and instead of a 3 and 1/2 hour trip south to me it's
now in Anaheim,Cal. :idonno

USPS :smack

Tony lee

I've lost count of how many times my packages have gone in the wrong direction.
When they turn it around it will go right back to Kansas City and be put on a truck for here. MAYBE :angry:

Tony lee

PS:
Independent Contractor does the work, the government just makes the rules and takes the pension money.

lol. Gotta love the post office. My Mig 17 left China on the 4 Apr. It stayed that way. I took in the tracking number on the 9th of May and about 1900 that night it was all of a sudden in Edmonton. Usually it goes through Vancouver or lately Winnipeg. Just gotta grin and bear it.
James

Looky Looky what showed up with a California Tan. :laugh:

Round trip= KC to California to KC to ME :gogo

Tony lee

Awesome. Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Is that the RB barrel for it too?
James

Right On James RB barrel :good:
I read one guys Build blog that his kit barrel looked like a limp noodle when he finished with it so RB just to play it safe.
Kit tracks have the bad rep of falling apart unless you glue the ends so a set of AM tracks may be put on the list.(some say they're the wrong ones anyway) :idonno

From reading about this kit I gather there were 5 variants and the kit has a mix of these changes and is not really true to any one of those variants. :idonno

Cheers buddy
Tony lee

Is there a pretty SPG? :rotf

:popcorn
I might be a bit Biased because I served on these but its not ugly for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rIw6aXl3RE

Whill be following this build its an interesting piece of armor and Meng seems to have a knack of bringing them out :popcorn

Time to get started on this boys and girls :D

Workable Shocks

More suspension parts

Torsion Bars

Wheels

They have Tamiya style poly caps inserts.

Sprockets
You have an option:
The one on the left is for the early type chevron pad tracks like those supplied with the kit and the sprocket on the right is for the later plain square rubber pads which you'll have to by as an AM item.

That's it for today
Tony lee :Hiay

Back