• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng 1/35 French Main Battle Tank AMX-30B

Decided I'd paint a UAE scheme first...to use as a base. Since Bosnia inherited these from the UAE, I imagine they wouldn't be factory fresh-- thus the missing grill off of one of the exhausts. Not sure now if I want to put some hairspray down and then the NATO scheme and proceed that way or do salt or other form of chipping and make it more minimal. Any suggestions? Bosnia info on these tanks is nigh on nonexistent except to the Bosnians I suppose :(

amx1.jpg

amx2.jpg

Thanks guys! It's been real hot and humid here in the capital region so I'll postpone the next coat for a while...I think chipping is the way to go though...ought to be fun ;)

And just when we think we have everything figured out I find another pic- this was of a tank in Bosnia under repairs...as cool and easy as the two tone desert scheme is, I'm not one to go easy-- so I may just go with the tri-color scheme...because I hate myself ;)

image~2.jpeg

And here's the first coat of the three after the coat of salt to chip to the sand scheme....
100_8336.jpg

100_8335.jpg

100_8334.jpg

100_8333.jpg

Finished the initial painting of the NATO scheme...going to fade it a bit and then add some select few decals...and then take my time on weathering ;)

image~4.jpeg

image~3.jpeg

Thank you!

Nearing the middle phase of weathering...so far did some oil streaking and some powders...
100_8342.jpg

100_8343.jpg

100_8344.jpg

100_8346.jpg

Having some track issues- meaning mainly that the indies keep coming apart in various places...not a fan so much...but I figure I should probably finish everything else first and only fix things once...

:coolio Sound a bit like one of my lines about French vehicle isn't it ?

Would a broken track help the situation ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Might have to go that route Christian- we'll see :idonno

And more pics to assess the weathering so far...
100_8355.jpg

100_8356.jpg

100_8358.jpg

100_8357.jpg

Back