• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng 1/35 French Main Battle Tank AMX-30B

Jeeves

Gotta do this one for John!!

100_8230.jpg

100_8232.jpg

Now for references!

Having a heckuva time finding anything photo-wise for reference on the Bosnian service of these...the only thing I have found are that the 32 that are owned by the military were obtained from the United Arab Emirates...but past that, nothing significant...anyone have better references out there? Saúl??

Didn't do too much as I am waiting for the correct volume of the Kagero book to come from the UK...but I have the hull done and set to go...
100_8273.jpg

100_8274.jpg

Yes you did ;). I wrote that before we talked on FB ;)

And no....must've skipped my whiskey ration that night ;)

Thanks John!

Been working quite a bit on this one-- loads of things to add still- but there's lots on so far...
100_8290.jpg

100_8288.jpg

Was thinking of leaving one of the grills off to show the rear detail-- I'll have to look through my new books to see if that was ever done...

Shot of the busy read side-- fuel tanks and infantry phone...
100_8289.jpg

And the front- went blurry on me...
100_8291.jpg

Next up will be tackling the PE and tracks- which won't be too hard I am hoping with the nice jig that Meng provided...
100_8292.jpg

Thanks Bob, Mike, Luiz, and Dave!

Not sure how it happened but I've got the modern armor bug...sadly I don't have the budget to sustain it lol

I'm thankful for Saúl getting me my next fix with the Magach ;)

I think modern armor at least is not all boring GREY on GREY luckily my field of interest is very wide

Yeah- don't get me wrong...I love the WWII stuff...especially the British and Soviet tanks. Maybe it's just that it's a Meng kit and I'm so enjoying the build detail. Wish there was a bit more of an interior to deck out but I'm pretty happy.

Thanks guys!

Bit more work tonight-- first off, after a little drop of Vallejo Dark Sea Blue and some Future- I have my glass parts...
100_8318.jpg

And a good shot of how things look in place...
100_8317.jpg

Few more of this part...not sure how to go about painting this part with the rubber attached...I'm hoping nothing gets attacked in the long run...
100_8314.jpg

100_8315.jpg

100_8319.jpg

Bit of PE work...
100_8320.jpg

More of the homemade clear blue...
100_8321.jpg

And the track work has begun...two parts to each link...
100_8322.jpg

More plugging on tomorrow am...

Back