• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Master Box - West European Cart

shawngehling

WestEuropeancartboxfront.jpg
[/img]
Master Box West European Cart in 1/35th Scale Kit # MB3562
By Shawn Gehling
WestEuropeancartboxfrontboxrear.jpg
[/img]
This is another great looking cart (wagon). This is the cart only, no horses or people.
The Kit:
WestEuropeancartsprue.jpg
[/img]
Contains 1 sprues with 32 pieces that have no flash.
This set contains an excellent looking Cart (wagon) that was used by just about everyone in Western Europe. This is a buckboard type enclosed wagon. It is the same cart (wagon) that comes in the France 1944 kit. This will make a great diorama piece all by itself, or you can have it pushed off the side of the road. For those of you that are looking for other type wagons, the Farmers Cart (which is an excellent kit) that Master Box has released in numerous kits (i.e. "Farmers Cart", "Somewhere in Europe" , and "Road to the Rear"), can also be used if you are looking to make other horse drawn vehicles.
Conclusion: Master Box alwasys seems to be producing outstanding models that will allow your to create an unusual and exciting diorama.
Overall this should build into an outstanding replica and is highly recommended for anyone who horse drawn vehicles. I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.

The studio I work for did a video game cinematic for one the big WWII combat games several years ago, and I drew up a concept design for this very type of wagon! Originally a Horch was to be shown, but for reasons known only to the client we substituted a wagon instead. It was a fun job to work on- like modeling on the job! :geek

Call of duty- maybe II or II, if not the original. Here's the Horch:

horch_kaput.gif

And here's the wagon:

farm_wagon.gif

Thanks Andy, No I just got it the other day, but I do plan to build it soon.
Maybe I can make it half a good looking as Chuk's picture???

Chukw - Very cool. I always enjoy your pictures...
Was that your girls I saw protecting all the models at the AMPS show pictures?

Thanks Tanktrax I think so too...

Master Box has done a farmers cart in the past,which I have somewhere in my stash.
I wonder how it's compared to the old one. :idonno Good review,Shawn! (y)

Chukw,....VERY COOL STUFF[as always]. (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Great stuff Chuk...I've always enjoyed seeing this concept art for these games...cool to know one of the artists behind some of it :). If you ever come out with a book, I'll be first in line for it.

Okay another cart to buy. I have the originals in the stash also. Looks cool. Thanks Shawn, good review.
Chuck, awesome art. Now I'll have to revisit those games and try and find it.
James

Recon Ron,
This is a buckboard type enclosed wagon. It is the same cart (wagon) that comes in the France 1944 kit.
IF you have that set, this would be the same kit. If not...
the other type wagon that Master Box makes is the Farmers Cart (which is also an excellent kit that has been released in numerous kits (i.e. "Farmers Cart", "Somewhere in Europe" , and "Road to the Rear"), If you have any of these kits, it is a completely different wagon. Hope this helps. Both are really cool.
If you want it to have horses, the France 1944 kits comes that way, and with the other wagon, the Somewhere in Europe and Road to the rear both come with horses.

Jeeves, I'm right there with you if Chuk makes a book.

James, Thanks I do like the stuff that Master Box is putting out.

Thanks for the nice reviews Shawn! i have some of these carts and they are a beauty, just have to find time to build them..... :)
//Mats

Back