• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Master Box LRDG in North Africa

shawngehling

LRDGinNorthAfricaboxfront.jpg

Master Box LRDG in North Africa, WW-II era in 1/35th Scale Kit # MB3598
By Shawn W. Gehling
LRDGinNorthAfricaboxrear.jpg

This is another excellent set based on “Non Combat” poses of the famous British Long Range Desert Group (LRDG) in North Africa.
The Kit:
LRDGinNorthAfricasprue.jpg

Contains 1 sprue with 66 pieces that have no flash.
This set contains five (5) figures all in various British Army dress (both issue and non issue) for that time-frame Two of the figures are officers conversing about land navigation or targets, while the three enlisted appear to be getting their Chevrolet truck (they used 2 wheel drive vehicles because they were lighter) unstuck from the sand. The set gives you a wealth of really nice weapons (3 pistols, 2 enfield rifles, 2 Thompson machine guns with box or drum magazines and a Bren gun). One figure is even leaning on a sand mat (used for getting these vehicles unstuck).
The weapons, uniforms and equipment look accurate.
Conclusion: Master Box has done it again, producing five excellent in “non combat” poses. Add a LRDG Chevrolet, some sand and you pretty much have a great looking diorama right in the box. Individually they could be used as mini-diorama's too.
Uniforms and equipment are covered in numerous books, so information on these should not be too hard to find.
Overall this should build into an outstanding replica and is highly recommended for anyone who enjoys figures. I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.

Nice set! (y) will keep an eye out for this for my tamiya Lrdg :D
Thanks for the review!
//Mats

Mats,
I think you will like it... It's pretty sweet. Since I didn't have an old Tamiya LRDG kit anymore, I passed them along to a buddy who was getting ready to build his... Should be nice. He does great work. Maybe I can get him to take some photos and show them off here.
Shawn

Back