• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Master Box - Charlie on the left

shawngehling

Charlieontheleftboxfront.jpg
[/img]
Master Box Charlie on the left – Vietnam War Series in 1/35th Scale Kit # MB35105
By Shawn Gehling
CharlieontheleftBoxrear.jpg
[/img]
This is their second set in this series and is based on three US Army figures in a Ford Mutt M-151 (jeep) taking fire from the jungle on the left. It also has two Viet Cong figures that have ambushed the vehicle as is passes. The vehicle is not in the kit. It is the figures only.
The Kit:
CharlieontheleftSprue.jpg
[/img]
Contains 1 sprue with 61 pieces that have no flash.
This set contains five (5) figures two Vietnamese Civilian combatants (Viet Cong) typical to any area during that time frame. (One is directing the ambush and one is hit by enemy fire) most likely not the .50 caliber machine gun as it would cause way more damage. Three US Infantry that can be manning a Fort Mutt (M-151) Jeep (not provided). One is manning the vehicle (pedestal mounted) .50 Caliber machine gun (provided in the kit). One is returning fire with an M-16 machine gun and the third is the driver and can be built two different ways (Variant one the driver of the vehicle ready to get them out of the ambush and variant two is wounded from the ambush).
The weapons, uniforms and equipment look accurate.
Conclusion: Master Box once again is producing five excellent looking figures all in action poses.
Uniforms and equipment are covered in numerous books, so information on these should not be too hard to find.
Overall this should build into an outstanding replica and is highly recommended for anyone who enjoys figures. I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.

Thanks Sherman.
I enjoy doing them and letting people know that a kit is worth what you will be paying
for it or not? :eek:hmy: I am not afraid to tell it like it is. :hmmm
I'm not an expert when it comes to nuts and bolts and how many there are and how far apart
they are suppose to be, but if it says you're getting this and you don't I'll be the first
one to speak up... I enjoy doing the reviews as it lets me keep my fingers on the pulse
of what's new and exciting in our little world of models. And if it helps someone to decide
to buy or not to buy, I'm happy to help.
:D :D :D
Shawn

Hey I needed one of these VC guys for my tank to run over. Nice review!

Terry B)

Back