• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Marder Dio

Rusty Ratliff

Here is a small diorama I completed. The figures are Dragon with Hornet heads and the kit is Tamiya. The building is scrath. I still have a little weathering to do on the Marder. I hope you like. Feel free to comment and suggest improvements. Thanks, Rusty
2010_09060010.JPG

2010_09060040.JPG

2010_09060002.JPG

2010_09060009.JPG

Hi there.

Utterly fantastic figure painting especially the faces. You get a real sense of the photographer standing just off-screen. I also love the effect of the lighting you used as it makes it look like the image was taken under moonlight. Excellent work!

Cheers from Peter

Super cool, Rusty! The figures are awesome and the rest ain't bad either!! (y)

Overall really nice. Great vehicle, great building. If I may, I would critique the steps, they look too pillowy and rounded. If you could flatten them out a bit and make them a bit more worn looking, that part would be great.
All in All, if I have to go to the steps to offer a critique, that means you've done a great job.

Very nice job Rusty , ............ excellent on all fronts , ......... the figure painting , .......... aces !!!

Cheyenne, Gatto Thanks for the kind comments. I am glad you like it.
Slodder, thanks, the stairs were a difficult thing for me I had originally made them out of stone. I didn't like the way they looked so I covered them with putty. I still am not happy with them.
Jenny thanks I am glad you like it. I am not sure why I changed to Snoopy I think I made the switch when we went to the new website.

Hi Rusty, Really nice work (y)

Ground work , the structure, tank, are all done to a high standard!

But the figs are the best :dude

Randy

Randy, Moon Puppy and Carabinier thanks for the kind comments. Carabinier, you are right about the Hornet heads, they certianly improve plastic figures.

Hey Rusty
Beaut work all around! The figures are very well finished, and your scratched building is super. I like the composition. My critique would be the 'floating' grip the figure's hands seem to have, but I know the limitations that can happen here ;)
Brad

Nice job, Rusty.

Looks grate especially both soilders figures. 1/35 scale, aren't they?

If I would like to see more shots for top view and close up shot on groung works, trees? Would you please, very appreciate?

P.S. Your painting on both figures look fantastic..look natural..I love it.

Cheers!

Thanks guys for the kind comments. Brad, I had a heck of a time getting the hands right. I had to resculpt both arms and both hands were cut off and I had to resculpt the backs of both hands. After all that and the painting, they didn't seem to line up. I may try to remove the figure and get the hands to grip better. Nun2010, I will try to get some better pics this weekend, and post them. Thanks, Rusty

Back