• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Main Battle Tank Completed Builds

135engineer

Finally completed the M60a2

hf8f3821_2016-01-23.JPG

h7b3b25d_2016-01-23.JPG

hcf01df1_2016-01-23.JPG

h83c9a38_2016-01-23.JPG

h9d5c787_2016-01-23.JPG

Congratulations Chris, First to finish and get the last ribbon our ol' buddy John Marcus made for us. :drinks

I finished these some time ago but forgot to post the finished pics here.

I have successfully completed two models for this campaign, the T-54B MBT:

Russian_T-54B_Tank_i.jpg

Russian_T-54B_Tank_IIi.jpg

Russian_T-54B_Tank_Ii.jpg

and the M1A2 Abrams SEP TUSK II:

US_Army_M1A2_Abrams_SEP_TUSK_IIa.jpg

US_Army_M1A2_Abrams_SEP_TUSK_IIb.jpg

US_Army_M1A2_Abrams_SEP_TUSK_IIc.jpg

The Campaign Thread showing these under construction is here:

The Duke's Military Buildup

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

I would like to know if I can get my ribbon for this campaign. Did you wish to wait until the new site comes up first? I can wait in that case. Thanks!

EDIT: never mind! I got it! Thanks Helios!

Thanks guys your comments are warmly received as is the last ribbon made by a great man and modeler :(
Unfortunately this will be my last model for a little while as a work accident has damaged my left hand and has required surgery to reattach tendons so the bench will collect dust for a while.

Gunna haunt this place for the next few months to keep my sanity :frantic :pilot

Ugh, sorry to hear. Hand injuries suck...well ok, all injuries suck, but hands are particularly annoying.

Definitely poke around and harass. Just because you can't build at the moment, doesn't mean you can't conspire, plan, and research upcoming/future projects. Hell sometimes I think I have more fun in that aspect of it than the building...it's at least even. :rotf

Take care of yourself! :drinks

Ouch! I'm so sorry to hear of your injury. I've been fighting a bug the last few days, but that is worse. I'll be praying for a swift and complete recovery. Meanwhile, I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your posts as you maintain your sanity.

Tamiya Challenger II in 1/35 scale. Out of the box. antennas in 1/64 music wire. Cheers!

IMG_3763.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_3787.jpg

OK, here's my completed T-62. I hope John would have approved.

IMG_8727.JPG

IMG_8729.JPG

IMG_8733.JPG

To John! :drinks

To John :drinks

Well earned Mike, got you hooked up with the campaign ribbon. Well fought, looks good! :soldier

Actually have my T-90 hull together and PAINT on it. As it is a Victory Day Parade tank it is going to be clean and somewhat shiny. It also won't have the big Russian fuel tanks on the rear nor the cables. Not needed nor wanted in the parade in front of the BIG brass. Still have to paint some more of the road wheels (the tan and black ones) then some quick dusting on them before placing them on the tank.

Back