• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mad M46

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Going in with this mean machine!
001%7E0.JPG

002%7E0.JPG

Ahhh Man!!! I got this kit too. I'll be watching this one.

Terry B)

I am eagerly waiting... I just wish I could find some time to work on models for my own GB!
:(

Regards,

I've built this one before. Its not the best kit [I've heard the new HB kit is more detailed], but the fun is in the painting. I had a blast painting the tiger fact.

I've heard the new HB kit is more detailed

While it is true that the HobbyBoss kit is more detailed (comes with an engine as well), it is of the M-26A1 and not the M-46. This means changing the engine deck, relocating the exhausts from the rear plate to the sides on mud guard mounted silencers so a kit bash would be in order at the minimum.

Regards,

I've heard the new HB kit is more detailed

While it is true that the HobbyBoss kit is more detailed (comes with an engine as well), it is of the M-26A1 and not the M-46. This means changing the engine deck, relocating the exhausts from the rear plate to the sides on mud guard mounted silencers so a kit bash would be in order at the minimum.

Regards,

That is not that bad of an idea. :hmmm

Oh here are the photos I'll be working from. :woohoo:

M46002.jpg

KW005.jpg

I'm not planning on using any of the kit decals for it. Just plain O'l airbrush and hand painting.

Hey got something done! :eek:hmy:

DSC00408.jpg

blocked off the holes in the upper hull

DSC00409.jpg

the ventilator casting does not look right to me, started rounding the corners some

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

some sink marks on both sides of the upper hull

DSC00413.jpg

Will start on making the casting texture after the weekend.

Back