• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ma.K Armored Raider Pk.f 85 Falke

Thank you guys for the nice words.

Now to the final weathering: wash, oil streaks, pigments, some this and that and she'll be done. B)

M

Looking very good there Michel ... excellent job on decals & detail painting ... I've been very busy putting out fires myself ... so I know how time can fly ... (y) (y) :pilot

That one's finally done!

I used an oil wash for the panel lines..

...and various oil filters to darken certain panels (thank Chukw for that technique!). I also used oils to make oil stains and grime, which is particularly workable after the flat coat.

Pastels were used to dirty the model further, sun-fade the upper surfaces, make smoke stains, etc.

The engine got some further weathering with brown oils to bring it in line with the rest of the model and make the overall look more consistent.

With those kind of holes in the skin that guy ain't gonna fly again any time soon!

A good view of the camo:

In addition to the oils I used AK Fuel Stains to make...well, fuel stains. The result looks OK, I guess.

Chipping was a major step in creating the beat-up, battle-weary look I wanted. Using different shades and tones of metal paint and working the areas over with pastels and oils helps make it look more realistic.

Those filter details were worth the effort, I think.

That gat won't shoot no more!

The fire damage and smoke stains are faithfully reproduced from pics of a real shot-down Falke. :rotf

My personal fave in this build: the inside of the hatch cover.

I like to get down and dirty. :D

Rear details.

Thanks to the big opening the inside of the pit is quite visible.

Front view. Love the rough, tough and mean look.

That's it with the Falke. Now on to something else. Thanks for following along!

Cheers!

M

If there's a museum somewhere for Sci-Fi models, this should be in there, simple as that.

Ian.

That one's finally done!

I used an oil wash for the panel lines..

...and various oil filters to darken certain panels (thank Chukw for that technique!). I also used oils to make oil stains and grime, which is particularly workable after the flat coat.

Pastels were used to dirty the model further, sun-fade the upper surfaces, make smoke stains, etc.

The engine got some further weathering with brown oils to bring it in line with the rest of the model and make the overall look more consistent.

With those kind of holes in the skin that guy ain't gonna fly again any time soon!

A good view of the camo:

In addition to the oils I used AK Fuel Stains to make...well, fuel stains. The result looks OK, I guess.

Chipping was a major step in creating the beat-up, battle-weary look I wanted. Using different shades and tones of metal paint and working the areas over with pastels and oils helps make it look more realistic.

Those filter details were worth the effort, I think.

That gat won't shoot no more!

The fire damage and smoke stains are faithfully reproduced from pics of a real shot-down Falke. :rotf

My personal fave in this build: the inside of the hatch cover.

I like to get down and dirty. :D

Rear details.

Thanks to the big opening the inside of the pit is quite visible.

Front view. Love the rough, tough and mean look.

That's it with the Falke. Now on to something else. Thanks for following along!

Cheers!

M

Stunning!

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Dear Michel.

One of the best works that I ever seen here...super clean...weathering effects look superb :good:

Congratulations!

Luiz

Wow! Thank you guys! It's really nice to get that kind of feedback! :drinks

Chuk, like many others I learn a lot from your builds and I want it to be known! That trick with the oil paint and bristle brush really rocks! (y) (y)

M

Back