• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A3(105) in work 1/35

The Zod

This is the Tamiya kit I had started some years ago,but never finished. I added some nuts and bolts to the bogies,as well as drilling the four holes.

DSCN0123.jpg

105-1.jpg

The idlers and road wheels are Tank Workshop.Eduard PE.

The back side of the idler.I carefully drilled a 3/16 inch hole,then added the Tamiya polly cap.

idler.jpg

I also added weld beads,and roughened up the tranny cover,and turret to simulate rough casting.I have sprayed the first coat on.I will post some more pix later today.

Nice looking Zippo you have there General! Glad to see you bring it back to life!

Iron Mike wrote:
Nice looking Zippo you have there General! Glad to see you bring it back to life!

Thanks Iron Mike.It will be just the regular howitzer version.No flamer on it. Is your user name from a sci-fi series from John Ringo?

The metal on the shovel and tools looks quite realistic, could you share your method, please?

Iron Mike wrote:
The metal on the shovel and tools looks quite realistic, could you share your method, please?

I used Tamiya gun metal on the metal parts.After I give it a flat clear coat,I may add some graphite pencil to it.It all depends upon how much the clear flat coat dulls the Tamiya gun metal down.

Normally I use Humbrol gun metal,but I am out of that right now.

Back