• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M3A1 White Scout Car

Von Bulow

Hey All,
I'm about to undertake the contruction of the Revell M3A1 Scout Car and i'm hopeing someone out there on the TNT site maybe able to help on this matter?

I'm looking to have the vehicle in use by a detatchment of U.S Military Police as these vehicles were assigned.

i'm trying to find any reference photos of these vehicles in this role and what if any specific MP markings they may have had.

My search has only found one where the sign was on a wooden board located behing the front winch? :hmmm

Any help would be appreciated!

Adrian

G'day All,
Posted this cry for help some time ago and got no response, probably due to the fact that like a poorly written internet dateing site i didnt include a photo! :duh

military-police-m3-scout-car_20100721_1753890611.jpg
[/img]

Does anyone have any photos showing specific signage used by U.S MP's during WW2 that they may have applied to their vehicles.

Any assistance appreciated

Adrian

Nice picture, if anyone does I would think Ken Abrams would have some stuff for ya. I'm sure he'll be along sometime.

Great picture, I think that tag on front would be "Military Police" and it would be black lettering with white background.

Adrian,

I don't know much about the military police but I remember reading something about, M3A1's being used by MP outfits in cavalry regiments. Other than that I'm useless...

I don't think there would be anything other than what you see here in this photo, 'jury rigged' signs and plaques attached or maybe something similar painted onto the body. Other than that, it would be a standard, run of the mill scout car.

BTW, the front bumper of scout cars had the unditching roller as seen in the photo, none had the winch.

:peace

Back