• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M1A2 1/48th scale by Tamiya

h71d8cb0_2020-01-28.JPG

Decals are on with home made sabers.

h1e38595.JPG

Tracks painted and installed and the fit was very good. My first experience with this kind of track.

h6cae2b2.JPG

hb1cbb6a.JPG

hf0cfeaa.JPG

All sections were given a wash of dark brown and then dry brushed with a tan mixture of oils. The hull was then attached together. Still a ways from completion. Thanks Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

h2d1f45e.JPG

Model given a flat clear coat

ha095d1a.JPG

Used Christmas ribbon for the vision ports.

he0c98aa.jpg

Hopefully it will look like this.

h7b43c77.JPG

hafad4f1.JPG

More guns is better. Making a mount out of an almond can.
thanks for looking. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

h3e7742f.JPG

The gun mount on the previous posting was tossed and a new on fashioned.

h56ee721.JPG

A light that goes on the side of the mount was made.

h8eb1ad8.JPG

h1d3d412.JPG

Conduit was made from stretched sprue that had the proper shape. The sprue was left over from the 1/72nd Constellation model by Heller. Now I have to make an ammo box for the added 50 cal. Thanks for looking Gary S. XXXXV XXXX

Oh I like that! Great Job! on the TUSK-ish M2 :good:
Just wondering if your done with the weathering? The reason I ask is the Green areas look a little more dust free then I would think. But if your happy with the current results then I say "That Abrams is Looking Gooood!"
:v

Thanks!! No, I'm not done with the weathering. Still need to apply dust by using pastels and some yellow dirt/clay I found in FL. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

h9b66523.JPG

h98951cc.JPG

My first attempt at making an ammo box for the TUSK 50 cal. After painting and mounting I noticed that it was way too big. Would be good for a 20mm gun.

h938b93d.JPG

Back to the drawing board.

h4f8a8f8.JPG

h7f57d80.JPG

hda17477.JPG

See the size difference. Looks more in scale now. Thanks for looking. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

h9fd5fb1.JPG

hd0b4167.JPG

While paint is setting on the multiple pieces of stowage stuff, I decided to work on the base. A coworker, who is from Jordan, brought back some desert sand when she went for a visit. So the sand was mixed with diluted white glue and applied to the base. Then the model was placed on the mud to imprint the tracks. Thanks for looking. Gary S.XXXXV XX XX

This came out Great! I really like the combined color scheme you used. :good:

This came out Great! I really like the combined color scheme you used. :good:
Thanks to all!! I've always wanted to do the euro scheme on something. This was a good compromise using both. The desert color can be kinda boring and repetitive. I wanted to do something different although a little more complex. Gary S.
XXXXV XX XX

Back