• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

LVTP -5 W I P

Even with all the other builds going on I still have found time to work on the lvtr

All the resin goodies have been added to the roof interior gotten a coat of primer and a color coat.
021-6.jpg

the interior has received a clear coat that was followd by a wash and some weathering

020-5.jpg

019-6.jpg

018-6.jpg

This is looking good. Good work on the engine compartment. The rest of the vehicle is coming along great. It almost makes me smell the diesel fumes and feel claustrafobic.

I thought it would be apropiate to post this video link since this G B is for the Vietnam war. For those who are not familier with Big and Rich they are absolutely awesome .....so turn up the volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7EPlqvMAfU

I was working on the top side of the vehicle earlier and was going to install the engine louver covers and decided that it would be cool to see through the louvers.
Well the only solution to that problem was to cast new ones in resin and sand them paper thin . the first one is almost ready ........will try to post pics soon.

Been getin some more work done on all of my projects but mostly on this one.
Made a new radio mic.

Finally got the top sealed and had to do a bit of putty work........

002-14.jpg

Some more done to the recovery bit of the conversion........

003-13.jpg

004-17.jpg

006-14.jpg

I also started addiding new hinges to the hatches.

005-18.jpg

The rear vent doors beside the main engine bay cover are resin....... I decided to open them and soon realized that they were way too thick so new ones were cast in resin and the anti-foliage mesh was added to the inner side.

007-11.jpg

Im back......... well i have been away from the personal work bench for a while . Been spending alot of time at the ModelMakerZ bench.
But here is what has been done recently.
More of the small detail to the upper side of the recovery

009-11.jpg

Added the lines to the recovery boom

010-9.jpg

The business end of the recovery

011-8.jpg

The completed ...well assembled and detailed recovery conversion....... some of the details needed to be changed and or scratchbuilt.

008-14.jpg

Next i will get down to the priming and the top coat................and I am using the new ModelMakerZ primer......yes it is made for the airbrush.

Hey MG any updates to this project? It was looking very cool. Like to see it finished.

Terry :D

Thanks Terry
I have been very busy ........ I just came back to the site earlier. I have been taking a break from forums . I am about ready to jump back in with both feet here soon. Yes I have done a little more work to it ...... next will be paint and weather.

Oh man I'm looking forward to it! That's one big mother.

Terry :woohoo:

I have finally gotten back to the build ....... Now to get some color on it. First I shot a coat of ModelMakerZ primer , that was allowed to cure overnight.
Next came the base color......... to get the fade i thinned the modelmakerz o d with believe it or not our german yellow and started airbrushing the fade this was repeated for a total of 4 times each one a little more faded and the fade area a little smalller.
The cable is gona have to be replaced with tiger wire so that will come soon.
Terry you kept sayin get back to buildin so here it is Bro....................

005-19.jpg

004-19.jpg

008-16.jpg

011-10.jpg

012-11.jpg

Hey man that's lookin good. What you going to hang on the crain?

Terry (y)

The chain will be hung from the upper tie cleats on both sides ......... I still have alot to do like sand bags and several more tricks ......... but needless to say i have the bug again .
I have been concentrating on business alot so my personal modeling has been put on the back burner.

Back