• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lucky Model

Cam

Just curious if anyone has been having issues with Lucky Model lately?
I have made 8 orders from them in the past 3-4 months. Out of the 8 Orders I have had to chase them down to get 5 them shipped after a few weeks of waiting.
Is this normal for them? I find it strange that on each of these orders the day after I put in the request for information on the shipping date they update the status to shipped.

I have an order sitting in limbo now for the past 2 weeks...all items are in stock and paid for yet they sit in the "In Progress" corner. Kind of frustrating when you need the items you've ordered to finish a project.

Hi Cam,

Things do seem to be a bit "clunky" of late. A few months back, I had an order "parked" for some unknown reason, which was released shortly after I enquired about it.

To your current outstanding order, did you perhaps order multiple units of a particular item? A recent order of mine showed as "In Progress" for a week until I enquired and found out that they had in stock one unit of an item which I'd ordered two of. (There being one unit in stock, it was duly listed as "In Stock") I just requested that they split the shipment and send what was available, which they did without fuss(the outstanding item was a "free shipping" item anyway).

AS soon as you place an order with Lucky Model , request them to send the in stock items immediately after placing the order . I usually get in stock dispatched the same day . :)

As soon as other items come into stock I send the same email :)

I think they are glad to get rid of our stuff ;)

Jenny :kiss:

There are a few "tricks" when it comes to dealing with LM.

If you need something urgently, always look for the "In Stock" item, "Available" simply means they are able to source it. Unfortunately, yes, often things do remain "available" for a while. Often manufacturers have runs on certain stock items (something I can never find is Vallejo Sunny Skintone, while more recently I believe Tamiya failed to anticipate the demand of their new Matilda) and the resellers aren't to blame. I suppose they are responsible for the failure to communicate the issue though.

Always check the "split shipment" (or something similar) check box on the check-out screen/form. This means they'll ship what ever is available immediately. If you forget to do so, or if part of your shipment is "in stock" and the rest is still pending, it's best to ask them to send what they have via their feedback form on the site. I've never been charged for split shipments.

Don't be afraid to use their feedback/question form via their site. They're normally pretty prompt in replying: the longest I've waited for a response is 24 hrs (but your mileage may vary). I've also found them to be very friendly and helpful.

Regarding the processing of payments for unsent and unfulfilled orders, the owner (or manager?) Raymond has been asked about this before, and apparently they have to process a credit transaction within 48hrs else it's voided.

Don't hesitate to cancel portions of your orders either. They seem to be pretty easy going about it (provided it hasn't been shipped of course). I don't recall if LM reverse credit card transactions, as I've always opted for the store credit.

HTH

Rudi

p.s. apparently LM are looking at revamping their site soon, but I'm not sure to what extent; it may just be the stock control component.

Thanks everyone..I have pretty much followed all the advice here. I thought maybe I was jinxed :( I'll keep one them. Thanks again.

Hi Cam, Funny you should mention this, in July of '08 I ordered a Dragon kit that was in stock, Yesterday I recieved my Tamiya kit that was a replacement for a credit I originally got for the Dragon kit. The Tamiya kit was in stock when I ordered it but still took 3 months to get. So 17 months all up was not too bad I thought. To be fair other stuff I have ordered has turned up within a week of being ordered. I think Michelle at the info desk shudders when she gets an order from me. Dean

Dean,

What was the kit? I do know that LM have had a run on some of the newer Tamiya kits, and as I said, Tamiya underestimated the demand for some of their new releases.

They've also admitted that they have a problem with their stock control software, which doesn't appear to be 100% live, and due to be overhauled.

Rudi :)

I have contacted Raymond Chung , the owner of Lucky Models , and he has just joined our site . :) He is going to respond as soon as we sort out a sign in problem .

He did tell me that there has been some problems due to expansion of their buisness . He has just purchased more Warehouse space and problems should be sorted shortly .

Jenny :kiss:

Rudi, It was the Tamiya Polish Pz II. As I said Michelle was great and once we agreed that the original Dragon kit I had ordered wasn't going to come then they were very quick to give me a credit. I did let it sit until I ordered the Tamiya kit and I wasn't really worried, my point being that it said in stock but as it seems it wasn't. I now have the kit and am very happy with it. As soon as they have a Griffon restock I'll be at their door again. Dean

i would like to add i ordered a Slep muffler for an LAV from LuckyModel and i had it in seven days sent in nice box with air bags ! for an item that was only seven dollars they packed it very well and i am very pleased with their service :) :)

Back