• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"LUCHS" question

Gene

Getting ready for winter time building. Could a "LUCHS" be painted Panzer gray? Maybe??
Thanks!!!

PANZER II AUSF. L Luchs.
It was built between 43 and 44. The Grey changed to yellow in the summer of 43 I think so maybe? Laura your my guru for things grey, is it possible? Is this one grey
luchs-panzer-ii-1.jpg

James

mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahrgh! the pz2l! argh!

color change for german forces was in february 1943, the 2l was built from september 1943 - january 1944 so grey is a clear no!

the only possibility would be to build one of the four prototypes that were built in august 1942 but i don't know of any pic of the prototypes!

Thanks guys for all the help so far.
Next question, paint will be "white washed." but what gun was used on this tank? Does anyone offer resin, or brass ammo for it??
TIA!!!!

Thanks guys for all the help so far.
Next question, paint will be "white washed." but what gun was used on this tank? Does anyone offer resin, or brass ammo for it??
TIA!!!!

20mm. There are a number of turned brass barrels for it. I'm not 100% on the mag used but there is ammo out there too.
James

The gun was the KwK38 which could use either a 1.3 meter long flakrohr (same barrel as the FlAK38) or the shorter 1.0 meter long barrel. Both are available in metal.

There are several excellent manufacturers.

I personally use LMD but have Aber, both old and new Adler's Nest, AFV Club (not happy with the raised sections which should be textured), Armo (tossed it), Armorscale, CMK Hots Barrels (sic) (Flakvierling set for Tamiya's kit a long time ago), Elefant (long time ago for Tamiya's Flak38), Griffon Models (in their SdKfz 7/2 super set), LionRoar in one of their update sets, don't remember which though), RB Models, Schatton (modified to correct length from the muzzle end instead of how Terry at PMMS did it). I agree with Terry in his comparison review:
PMMS Flak 38 Comparison Review

The ammunition cases and magazines are identical to both guns. The projectiles are different but hard to see in this scale. Terry also has a comparison review on them:
Flak 38 Accessory Comparison Review

Tristar makes a nice set also with extra barrels and container for them.

If you are in the mood to scratchbuild, the following pages are extremely helpful, just do not forget to click 'Detail' on the bottom left of each screen for more photos of an example in a collection:

Case of 100 Cartridges 2 cm Flak.30/38

Case for 2 Magazines 2 cm Flak.30/38

Case for 100 Rounds in Tubes 2 cm Flak.30/38

Carton Box of 25 Fuses for 2 cm Kpf.Z.Zerl.Fg

Box of 25 Fuses for 2 cm AZ.47

Regards,

Saul,
Thank you very much!!!:D That's what I needed to know!!!
http://wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr/2cmbois.htm
It lists the size as 80x31x23 I am assuming this is millimeters? Correct?
Thanks again!!!

As a French web site, it is a safe assumption that the measurements are in millimeters.

ScaleCalc 2.5 is an executable program (tested to be virus free before posting now) that converts to different scales for you:
ScaleCalc

Regards,

Back