• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

LRDG TRUCK"THE REAL RAT PATROL""ALL DONE"

Re: LRDG TRUCK"THE REAL RAT PATROL""UPDATE 3"

Hey Terry! Show that PE stuff who's boss!

:laugh:

Just a small update! Been on vacation and now I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I have been working through the PE bits. Completed one of the wind shields and storage box on the fender.

Terry B)

DSC07710.JPG

DSC07709.JPG

DSC07713.JPG

B)

Dang Terry, almost missed this, fine work bud! (y)

Thanks Bob!!! I will have more in an hour or so.

Terry B)

Re: LRDG TRUCK"THE REAL RAT PATROL""UPDATE 4"

Ok so I'm a little late. "Traffic"! I'm still working my way around the cab of this truck.

I completed the can holder for the left side.

DSC07714.JPG

Next I desided to mount an MG to left side of the cab (this is not in the instructions). The kit had the pintel mount I just needed to make some mounting brackets out of lead foil. As you can see the gun is not from this kit. After finishing the WnW DH9 last year all these lovely Vickers and Lewis guns were left over. I know there is some difference between 1/32 and 1/35, but I compared parts and the biggest difference is in the barrel length. The stocks and triggers were pretty close and the WnW guns are whole lot better looking than the forty year old Tamiya parts. Anyway here what it looks like.

DSC07715.JPG

DSC07717.JPG

Next I added the back of the cab which includes the gas cap. To this I added a retaining chain to the cap.

DSC07718.JPG

The LRDG trucks have a rifle rack on both sides. Here is the right hand rack with the rifle which I have added a sling made out of lead foil and copper wire.

DSC07719.JPG

I still have a rifle rack to do and some other bits and then the cab is ready for paint.

DSC07720.JPG

Stand by for more updates.

Terry B)

I think the Vickers is fine Terry, the added detail just rocks! :popcorn

Looks very cool,Terry! (y) (y) (y)

Was thinking [sometimes I do],the guy who mans the machinegun would benefit if he was lefthanded... :hmmm

[has nothing to do with this GREAT build,no criticism,Terry]

Greetings,Ron.

Ron, you need a dafalgan? :)
wouldn't be surprised if he is lefthanded because the steering wheel is on the wrong side to! :D
//Mats

Looks very cool,Terry! (y) (y) (y)

Was thinking [sometimes I do],the guy who mans the machinegun would benefit if he was lefthanded... :hmmm

[has nothing to do with this GREAT build,no criticism,Terry]

Greetings,Ron.

:laugh: Thanks Ron!!

Terry B)

Back